Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 01:37 AM

Default Poly Nerd Girl

I'm not sure why I am posting. I am probably just bored waiting on the men to forage (For pizza).
Aaanyway, intro: I have been polyamorous for a year. I have lost a couple relationships but have held 2 for a year. So far it's been very rewarding and fitting for me. I am bi, well pansexual really and I can't be with Just a girl or Just a guy. I have the capacity to love more than one person, each one infinitely. A year ago I didn't know what poly was. Here I am now with 2 girlfriends, and 2 boyfriends.

About me..I usually make this thorough. I am 5'4 slender and curvy. I am a red head...well my natural is a reddish auburn but I dye it brighter. I am a gamer and a nerd. I game on computer and 360, occasionally wii. I love anime, manga, tabletop gaming, reading, fantasy.. I write and draw a lot. I like to paint when I have the chance. I am a little insecure in some areas but I am passionate and loving. I am a definite cuddle slut. I don't really consider myself religious but I am pagan and a witch. It runs in my family with my Grandmother and Mom being involved.
I adore animals and rescue them at any chance. I have a Siamese cat "Laz" and a husky "Hana". I love strawberries and lemon flavored sweet things. I adore Asian food and cook it wel (As well as other foods).

And as of a month Ago I am now engaged to my girlfriend.

Other than my little group and a few online friends, I don't know many poly people so it might be nice to talk on a forum.

~Kyleigh Valkyrie
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 AM

Greetings! We have a lot in common! I'm very much in geek/fan culture as well, am a tabletop gamer and am an artist.

I find myself investigating poly because I am only compatible with other geeks, I'm a lesbian, and I seem totally unable to meet compatible geeky women who AREN'T poly... it is way way way too hard to meet people... but as long as I am more open minded and try to overcome feeling like I need a primary relationship (because everyone seems to have a primary or be taken) - then there is a whole cluster of bi poly women I might be able to date, because people who have primary relationships are interested in me. It's like the whole culture is poly!

I'm a pagan, too (Hellenic reconstructionist).

So, here goes, off of the deep end.

Last edited by Quietfever; 06-11-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 AM

My fiancee is more lesbian than anything. Maybe homoflexible. I promise bi girls are fun. We don't get the same stigma in poly relationships. I was mono with a lesbian and she was terrified I would run off with a guy at the first chance. In poly there really isn't any running off.

For me, I get a lot from women I can't from guys (And the other way around). Girls are more likely to cuddle, be intimate and understand my feelings. Guys provide a sexual aspect and the protectiveness I like. I can't say that is exclusive to men of course. My fiancee is the fiercest person I know. If it ever came down for a free for all fight to win me (What? fantasies!) my money is on her. She makes me feel just as protected as most guys....not that I tell her enough.

Oh yay, another witchy girl! I am...hmm...I am eclectic. As far as magick I do what works. Divi, healing, protections, talismans, cleansings....banishings. My goddess is "The Morrigan" from the Irish Tuatha De' Denan. I also honor, Athena, Aphrodite, Hecate. My fiancee is actually my student in the crafts.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
My fiancee is more lesbian than anything. Maybe homoflexible. I promise bi girls are fun. We don't get the same stigma in poly relationships. I was mono with a lesbian and she was terrified I would run off with a guy at the first chance. In poly there really isn't any running off.

For me, I get a lot from women I can't from guys (And the other way around). Girls are more likely to cuddle, be intimate and understand my feelings. Guys provide a sexual aspect and the protectiveness I like. I can't say that is exclusive to men of course. My fiancee is the fiercest person I know. If it ever came down for a free for all fight to win me (What? fantasies!) my money is on her. She makes me feel just as protected as most guys....not that I tell her enough.

Oh yay, another witchy girl! I am...hmm...I am eclectic. As far as magick I do what works. Divi, healing, protections, talismans, cleansings....banishings. My goddess is "The Morrigan" from the Irish Tuatha De' Denan. I also honor, Athena, Aphrodite, Hecate. My fiancee is actually my student in the crafts.
That is really awesome! You are the kind of person I love hanging with, you remind me of some of my friends from my various geeky and fannish circles.

My paganism resembles more a traditional religion (I worship the classical Greek gods) but I used to be an "eclectic" and I came to the practice out of feeling called to do so; former magick practicioner here, but I get along great with witches and other kinds of pagans! Mysticism is a really fascinating topic.

I'm exclusively lesbian, but I get along so much better with bi women. There is SO much less drama. First of all, I came out later in life so I was with men for a long time. Secondly I just do NOT play nicely with the lesbian culture. Thirdly I'm very mixed between girl and guy energy, I hang around men a lot and I like women who are attracted to both sides of me... The side that is understanding and empathic AND the passionate side that likes to play rough

I would be mono with the right person. Thing is, the right person is probably not mono. Fortunately there may be more than one, I am feeling less condemned to being alone the rest of my life if I don't find one perfect person.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Kyleigh Valkyrie,
Welcome to our forum.

As you can tell, there are definitely friends to be made here. I'm personally pleased to make your acquaintance; hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 AM

You sound like a dream except for liking lemon-flavored sweet things. Sounds like the only real flaw! Welcome to the boards!