Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM

YGirl, the comedian was funny, the audience was just kinda 'checked out' not really listening, texting, etc. My bf and I thought he was pretty funny though.

II - LOL! Yeah, nothing like shocking Rednecks, it's what us Liberals do for fun on Friday nights :P
Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 AM

Love this. I second the posts by Maca and II.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 PM

Definitely sounds like a great night. I've been to a comedy club with my whole quad, but we weren't approached like you. Good times, congrats!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Holy shit way to go!!!! can i get a HELL YEAH or an AMEN! SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING!!! JUST MAKE SOME NOISE!
WHOAHH!!!
It is so wonderful to hear these kind of stories where people are open and honest and out of the closet so to speak with complete strangers! :-)

and kudos to the comic, man he may not have been a great comic ( cause you say the audience wasn't really too interested or engaged?) but he is definitely a great person!
this just made my day and made me smile! wish we all had your courage!

Last edited by NeonKaos; 04-15-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM

that's awesome that you could be that open! how did the audience react? I hope they were as relaxed as the comedian
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 AM

LOL! Thanks for the support Honestheart

And ksandra, honestly? I was so focused on talking to the comic that I really had no idea how the audience was reacting, other than the odd chuckle or 'ooooo!' sound when I referred to my hubby having a gf. I think if I had scanned over the audience it would have just freaked me out, my heart was racing the whole time.
The comic was pretty cool though, had some good jokes. His name is Kevin Foxx, has some vids on Youtube. He's definately not for the kiddies, pretty crude (but most comics are :P) Wonder if he'll work 'that poly couple' into his routine someday...
Old 04-15-2010, 05:30 AM

Thumbs up The one in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post
I tell him I'm polyamorous and he politely asks a couple questions. At one point, my bf tried to enter the conversation, but the comic shut him down with some smart ass comment about me being 'the one in charge with 2 men in my life' :P He didn't really joke too much, he seemed curious and just a bit flabbergasted. He said 'You know, the you've really freaked out the audience with all this, but it's the strongest reaction from this crowd I've got all night!'
WOW! I always wonder what would happen if my bf and I run into people either of us know and what the reaction would be to our answers. Too freakin' funny! Love it!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:18 PM

i know this isnt the same thing, but one of my fantacies is for me in our swining life is: my wife and our playmate couple strolling down the las vegas strip, compleately open with eachother... and the world. kissing, huggin, making out, acting as ones in love at vegas do, but including all 4 of us. does anybody have a situation like this, or live this way as a part of daily life?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingers View Post
i know this isnt the same thing, but one of my fantacies is for me in our swining life is: my wife and our playmate couple strolling down the las vegas strip, compleately open with eachother... and the world. kissing, huggin, making out, acting as ones in love at vegas do, but including all 4 of us. does anybody have a situation like this, or live this way as a part of daily life?
yes, but I don't live in vegas and I have two male and a female partner.

The scenario you suggest isn't swinging to me really. I'm poly, my commitment is to more than one. I am not beholden to my husband and he isn't to me. We operate independently, yet together. We don't get together with other couples we are not in love with and not establishing relationships with to have sex. There would be a very different thing going on behind the scenes emotionally in $my scenario.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM

was just saying what my ideal "being bold in public" moment would be

Last edited by swingers; 06-16-2011 at 06:28 PM.