Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 12:58 AM

Smile Complicated

Hello, So the short version is I've Always been open minded to an open marriage and my current husband (7yrs) is OK with it as well and while when we first got together was pretty open then closed the Marriage because of our part in the community eye and thought it would be the 'grown up" thing to do well lets jut say that went not well at all. So here I am at 41 and we are back to open Marriage I Don't do well at all with labels and still finding terminology not really fitting trying to find terms that fit, but here goes we have agreed to see others with the plan of a long term relationship of a boyfriend for me and a girlfriend for him and and other men for me to date he is pretty content with just one other person its me with the extreme need want and desire for more. Not in a position to be fully open and Never at our house or around for our children to meet our "friends" at some point would like to change that but not any time soon again due to social community issues. To complicate it even more we Live in a veryyyyy smallll town in AZ so being discreet is most not likely gonna last long
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM

Welcome to the forum, Joni.

IN terms of what you describe, polyamory fits the bill quite well. I wouldn't worry too much about all the terminology - more important is to know the details of what you are looking for, your respective boundaries - you have some already worked out, like no lovers in the house.

I wish you luck.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Joni,
Welcome to our forum.

I think the key here is to go slow, and figure out exactly what you want, and what works for you, as you go along. Since you live in a small town that makes it hard to "stay in the closet;" you may have to out yourselves eventually.

Regardless, I'm glad you could join us here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Kevin thank you we currently sort of re in the not announcing it but answering honestly if the subject comes up and it has already been found out by a few. the concern isn't what the community thinks the complication is the Foster parent aspect of my life. Hence one boundary of no one ever at our home thanks for the encouragement this site seems to give me a link to people who don't think Ive totally lost my mind lol
Old 06-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Official Greeter

No, you haven't lost your mind (although my mind has been known to turn up missing from time to time, ).