Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Thanks, Foxy!

"Love is always about learning the Nature of things."

-- Martín Prechtel

River's Blog
Old 07-30-2009, 03:46 AM

Im sorry that he cut things off so abruptly. I hope that things with you improve.
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~
Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 AM

I was so happy at the start of this read. Then realized that was months ago. I'm sorry he pulled the vanishing act. I have had that happen and it's worse than the dramatic breakup. So many questions left unanswered. It is his loss dear, whether that loss be in the relationship itself or the inability to face his own demons by giving you closure. I hope you are doing well in the healing process.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 PM

I'm ambivalent on whether it's better to have somebody disappear or have them lower the boom in person. I've been through both and they each leave questions unanswered.

I quit expecting people to hang around forever a long time ago and that's made such things easier for me, I suspect. I'm pleased they were around as long as they were and enjoy the memories of that. I try not to waste much time on wondering why they took off. I think it also helps me to appreciate those folks who insist on hanging around.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 PM

I wish I could get that mentality 7thCrow. I've had quite a few friends suddenly disappear from my life and I really and truly have no idea why. I can't recall doing anything wrong or saying anything that would have driven them off. I do understand that people come into our lives and can leave just as quickly, but that hasn't seemed to help yet.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM

I was dissapointed that David avoided the return of my two phone messages (he wouldn't pick up), but it wasn't a dramatic surprise, as he told me to my face that he has trouble "committing" to relationships, friend-type or otherwise. I'd have liked to have him at least join Kevin & I on a hike now and then. But the boy has some "issues" with friendship and intimacy, and I knew that. So it wasn't a dramatically painful loss, and besides, we never really did get very close--although it was nice to share some brief affection.

-- Martín Prechtel

River's Blog
Old 07-31-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
Some of my old not-so-happy and not-so-healthy habits have reasserted themselves, though perhaps not as bad as it had once been.
ah, I know this one as well. There are times when I have been on top of the world - feeling so good about myself I feel like I could fly, that everything is ok and even my problems I am happy about because they are being solved a little every day, that progress is happening.

Realizing progress is something to definitely be joyful about. But at the same time falling back into old habits or ways of thinking can put a damper on a person's mood.

At least you have some ideas of things you could do to get back "on it" so to speak. Best of wishes to you!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Yes! It is!

It isn't that some old not-so-happy habit patterns in my "emotional body" aren't still triggered or active at all, however. It's just that the peace, joy, freedom, happiness..., is now the container in which these are held and healed. Also, I don't act them out so much, those old less-than-happy emotional patterns/energies.

So, overall, I'm just very, very happy -- and I'm causing less unhappiness in others around me. Indeed, they are also healing and growing in this same light.

I am going to print and laminate this along with your other post that starts with "(r)evolutionary shift." I want to carry this with me to remind me what I am working toward. I will credit you, of course :-) Thank you for the inspiring words.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:06 PM

Thank you, Dear Prudence!

Today I begin writing a collection of essays for publication -- a project that I've had in my lap to do for many years. Title: Integrity, Resiliency & Joy. This is a day of breakthrough insights and inspiration for me -- and your appreciation of some of my words comes at just the right time. May you have integrity, resiliency and (especially) joy in your unfolding days and moments! And thanks again!

-- Martín Prechtel

River's Blog
Old 09-29-2009, 03:47 PM

So Sorry for the loss of David, BrotherMan.
*hugs* Definitely his loss.

But also so glad for the essay project, and looking forward to it. You will be sharing it with us, yes?

Last edited by Fidelia; 09-29-2009 at 03:52 PM.