Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Default Online survey on poly relationships

Hello!

Are you currently involved in a polyamorous relationship? Would you be interested in a survey about your relationships?

The goal of this research is to increase our understanding of relationships with multiple partners. The online survey will take about 20 minutes to complete. This study has been approved by the Simon Fraser University Department of Research Ethics.

This survey is anonymous and you will not be asked any identifying information. You must be 19 years or older to participate.

To participate, go to: https://cgi.sfu.ca/~couples/cgi-bin/...ORM=polysurvey. Participation will be open until February 21st, 2012. Please feel free to forward the link to your friends in polyamorous relationships!

Thank you so much!

Melissa Mitchell
Department of Psychology
Simon Fraser University
Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Done! Any way you can post up the results of your analysis when the project is done?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Thanks so much for your participation. I will post a summary of the results here in April.

Melissa
Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 AM

Done. That was kind of interesting.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM

I take exception with the question "How much do you love ___?" I don't measure love in amounts like that. But otherwise, I thought this was a comprehensive survey with good, simple questions. I'm really curious how the results will turn out!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM

There were some of the questions that I found difficult to answer because I don't tend to quantify things in the way that they proposed, but I completed the survey.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 PM

I took the survey, but I was unsure about the "sexual contact" question. I didn't know if they meant "in person" sexual contact only or if they were also including cyber/phone sex. That changes my answer quite drastically! (And I'd love to take this survey again in 6 months when TGIB's been living out here for a bit and see how my answers change!)
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 AM

Awww, I couldn't take it because right now I only have one romantic relationship. I was hoping I could answer based on previous experiences and/or goals. Oh well, reading the results will be interesting either way.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 AM

That was fun, especially because I've been with my primary 3 years and my secondary only 2 months. It really made me evaluate the relationships.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 AM

Default Need Fulfillment in Polyamorous Relationships Project Summary

Hello,

A summary of the Need Fulfillment in Polyamorous Relationships project and our results is located at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv2kezni5j...%20Summary.pdf

Thank you,

Melissa Mitchell
Department of Psychology
Simon Fraser University