A wee bit of public outreach on Reddit

AlanAnna

We posted an IAmA on Reddit: "IAmA polyamorous couple who've had committed triad (FMF) relationships for over a decade. AMA." (The AMA, for those who don't know Reddit, stands for Ask Me Anything.)

If anyone here at the PLN feels like popping in and taking a look, you'll find it here:
http://redd.it/u87de

We believe that having your average Reddit user come across a very informal AMA with some polyamorous people will only benefit a more congenial view of polyamory.

Ta!
Alan and Anna

It's awesome you've taken the time to answer all these questions. Certainly looked like a few trolls tried to come in there, but y'all didn't take the bait. :)

I cringe the number of times the questioners used the word polygamy though...sheesh. :rolleyes:

I especially liked how you answered the one who claimed that cuz a previous triad failed, that it is proof that polyamory doesn't work. I hear that all...the...time--and I get kinda bitchy at that one. :eek:

I'm curious -- if you guys have been in a committed triad for 10+ years, why is it that you still refer to yourselves on the reddit as a couple and post as this particular dyad rather than individually or as the full triad? Is it that the third member of your group just isn't as interested in public outreach?

Also note, relationshipS. The couple has stayed the same, the third partner has been different.

First, sorry for the PLN misunderstanding. We posted the notice here and at the PLN -- and the post should have read "here or at the PLN . . ." Sorry for that.

RfromRMC -- thanks for the lovely words. And for clarifying things about our relationship status for the others. Cheers to you -- and tonberry too!

Thanks everyone for checking out the Reddit post. We just hope to shed a little more light on polyamory for the general public.

Cheers!
Alan and Anna

Back