Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 12:45 AM

Default Traveling

Well I'm off on another trip. Still having trouble with talking to people. did ok on my flight but I was tired so I slept almost the entire day. Now I need to see if I can mingle in a new city? Hmmmm, maye?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 AM

Default Traveling

So, my husband is seeing someone. He seems excited about it all. His face is so animated when he talks about her. It's kinda cute because he gets nervous and seems at a loss sometimes about her. Right now, we're just taking one day at a time with everything.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 AM

Default New People

Well I've been more outgoing lately and even joined OKC and met some guys and that seems to be going ok. But, the guys seem to think I"m lying and that I want to "cheat" on my husband. I try to tell them what type of relationship I'm in and that yes my SO knows and his girlfriend knows I'm going on dates. I seem to have to over explain and they still think I"m "cheating". What do I need to do to tell them or explain more clearly that I'm in a poly relationship?

The more I"m talking to the guys the more frustrated I'm getting. Awhh well. No situation is ever perfect
Old 06-22-2012, 02:02 AM

Default Confessions

So my hubs is going out tonight with his girlfriend. its his first date out in the community. He's kind of nervous so Hopefully things go well for him. Me I'm sitting at home watching the NBA finals...yeah he's not a real big sports fan but I am.

We also spoke the other night. We usually update eachother on what's happening in our dating lives, our child, you know day to day things and our topic drifted into preferences. I had mentioned that a woman had hit on me that day and I was not sure how I felt about that. He asked if I was offended and i thought about it and no i wasn't but i also wasn't attracted. That "spark', for lack of a better word, just wasnt there for me. He seemed a bit disapponted but i really hadn't thought about a female as being in my guy category. But, anyway, so we spoke and he told me that he is attracted to some males and wouldn't be opposed to pursuing a possible relationship with one.

Shocking?? No, interesting, well, yes. i mean my husband and I have been married for 10 years and i didn't know he was attracted to the same sex. Does it bother me? no not really. I mean its just another aspect to our relationship and gives him more options. He himself seemed a little freaked out that he even told me and kept asking me if it was okay and if I was weirded out? Not really. I don't feel our love has conditions so I wouldn't deny him a part of himself. I think its kind of cool.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLJ View Post
Well I've been more outgoing lately and even joined OKC and met some guys and that seems to be going ok. But, the guys seem to think I"m lying and that I want to "cheat" on my husband. I try to tell them what type of relationship I'm in and that yes my SO knows and his girlfriend knows I'm going on dates. I seem to have to over explain and they still think I"m "cheating". What do I need to do to tell them or explain more clearly that I'm in a poly relationship?
Do a keyword search on OKC for the words, "poly," "polyamory," and "polyamorous." See what other polyfolk put on their profiles and do a little borrowing of a phrase here and there to suit you. Often times, poly peeps provide a link in their profile to a poly information site like morethantwo.com, or to their partners' OKC profile(s) if they have any.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein