Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Thanks magdyln, I will make you your own thread when I get a chance.

I was trying to be sarcastic. Perhaps if you read back and think of it this way it will make a difference. I am very sarcastic in real life. I should know not to be on line... I misread your post as being upset and was trying to be sarcatically supportive. If you have been following along. I know longer am triggered by other peoples sex lives because of my own past. I am quite supportive of whatever you do. I'm glad you are having fun and enjoying your life. As it should be. That's awesome.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 PM

YUou could just surround your sarcastic parts in <sarc> or something similar. We got into doing this on other forums because of how many fights were started by miscommunication.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:06 PM

I have learned to rarely use sarcasm in real life or online. I find it to be passive aggressive. I like clear and honest communication. I *might* use it when people are clearly joking around, but not in a discussion on such a sensitive subject as peoples' love lives and sex lives.

And your sarcasm was based on past experiences you had with low self respect and low self esteem, which have no bearing on my current situation.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, poly, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, poly, 37
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I have learned to rarely use sarcasm in real life or online. I find it to be passive aggressive. I like clear and honest communication. I *might* use it when people are clearly joking around, but not in a discussion on such a sensitive subject as peoples' love lives and sex lives.

And your sarcasm was based on past experiences you had with low self respect and low self esteem, which have no bearing on my current situation.
ya thanks, I do both quite well actually in real life
I am sorry if I misread your post and thought you might think it funny that some people treat others that way. I read your thread as sarcastic actually, hence my response.... I'm kinda missing why any of this is important as I thought you would be carrying on what happened with the couple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
YUou could just surround your sarcastic parts in <sarc> or something similar. We got into doing this on other forums because of how many fights were started by miscommunication.
thanks Ari, I think it best I keep my humour off of here... too bad actually as I am quite funny in real life. Ah, well.... I think it rather funny that I actually attempted it.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
ya thanks, I do both quite well actually in real life

thanks Ari, I think it best I keep my humour off of here... too bad actually as I am quite funny in real life. Ah, well.... I think it rather funny that I actually attempted it.
Please don't hide who you are RP.

I knew there was a reason I like you. I've got a t-shirt that says: Sarcasm is just one of the services I offer. It's very true, I lean a lot towards sarcasm. It just doesn't come out as much online because it IS a lot more difficult to read true intent when true intent and words aren't matching plus I have time to think of my response & make sure intent & words match.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
Please don't hide who you are RP.

I knew there was a reason I like you. I've got a t-shirt that says: Sarcasm is just one of the services I offer. It's very true, I lean a lot towards sarcasm. It just doesn't come out as much online because it IS a lot more difficult to read true intent when true intent and words aren't matching plus I have time to think of my response & make sure intent & words match.
Thanks, good thing to keep in mind. I will keep it all for another venue that is less about other peoples feelings. magdyln is right, I took a big risk with that one and hurt her feelings. For that I am sorry. It really was meant to be an attempt to make light as the journey I have been on with this shit. Its been heavy and it feels like I am taking a heavy pack off having reached a destination. I had absolutely no intent of being passive aggressive. I would think it obvious by now that I chose honesty over PA, but I guess not.

Its a shame really as I feel very flat on here sometimes and that just isn't me. In real life I swear a lot when I joke, laugh a lot and make jokes a lot and am quite often the centre of joking at work. Also the brunt of practical jokes quite a bit. Its just not evident on here. Oh the stories I could tell. Ha!

Okay now REALLY! On to our regular program! This hyjack is getting uncomfortably long for me.

Last edited by redpepper; 10-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM

I was previously part of a V, I had two romantic&sexual relationship boyfriends where I was the hinge). I am part of a couple right now. Ryan & I have had casual, safe, NSA, sex with another couple. We did it together. Called swinging.
From my experience, my relationship with the two guys did not diminish my love for them whatsoever. However, it did sometimes restrict the time that we had.
I think you are going about expressing your needs wonderfully! It seems that you are talking to him about your feelings. To me, jealousy or negative feelings are just our bodies natural way of Indicating that we are needing something emotionally. Maybe you are needing some attention, or maybe some reassurance.... Encouraging you to keep up the communication!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Well, I can have an orgasm when the wind blows, so that's not the issue with me and casual sex.

Case in point. Ive been chatting w a married, so-called "poly" guy on okc for 3 days just now. Found out his wife and he have rules for other partners (because of the wife's jealousy):

no kissing
no PIV sex
no cunnilingus (but I guess bjs are aok *rolleyes* )

So what does that leave? BDSM and fingers only I guess. I would find that so awkward and uncomfortable and unfulfilling. I sure don't think this couple is "poly," and it sucks they advertise themselves this way.

The guy wants me to anally fuck him and blow him, but I don't get his penis in my vag in return, or even his tongue? The hell with that.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

Last edited by Magdlyn; 03-24-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:34 PM

I dunno Mags, sounds like another one to move along from no? Too complicated for a woman like you I would think... it sounds like the rules would interrupt anything you want. Perhaps he would get what he wants, but what are you left with if you are used to and desire freedom to see what comes up?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM

Oh, Ive already rejected him, RP. He admits he's confused about poly, as is his wife. Altho she has a man and a woman interested in her now, and I guess if either of those ppl gets emotional with her, then it's ok for the husband to get emotional?

Yet one more guy IDing as polyamorous while only being interested in kink play and (limited) sexual expression.

Tags
casual sex, sex, sex-negative, sex-positive, sexual, sexuality