Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
If you don't mind me asking, was this part figured out? Or does there need to be more communication between the two of them (maybe with you there as well) to get everyone on the same page?
I thought it was worked out but I spent time with FWB last night and he's spinning out emotionally. I don't know how this is going to resolve, but it may be that he'll decide to move on now rather than later. I told him today that I'd take all the time he needs for us to work through this, so I guess I'll have to just see how it unfolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPepper View Post
Wow - I keep seeing this over and over again. It really is about constantly reminding oneself to keep communicating. It's so easy to withhold something from a loved one. So easy just to let something go unsaid, and not discuss it. But it never works. "Relationship" should just be another word for talking - that's mainly what it is isn't it?
I think that would be a very good synonym.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 PM

I'm happy to report that things are progressing. at least they aren't stuck where they were

E's wife invited me and my kid to attend their last family movie night and it went really well, I think. E has been more accessible and seems to feel more relaxed about how things are going.

FWB is still working through things, and he's being way more open than he ever has about his feelings. we took a break from each other for a week and he did go out and get a girl's number. he felt awkward talking to me about it after but I encouraged him to call her. I'm glad he wasn't just sitting at home feeling depressed.

I'm seriously thinking of going on some dates and trying to find a third partner. I really didn't think I could handle more than two, but I actually think it would be nice to have an additional intimate person to be around when my 2 guys go off the deep end for whatever reason, whether it's emotional, new relationship, or engrossing project. at this point I'm just thinking about it. I do value my time alone so my fear is getting caught up with someone who needs too much of my time and overwhelms me.