Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Thanks for your words, with the way I am feing, I need as much input as can be given. Since we have not found anyone and due to our last encounter with this person, the.more i think about it, the.more I feel like something is missing in my life. My husband does not feel like we can find someone that will fit us both, but I feel.differently. I feel like finding the right person would strengthen our marriage and this person would be loved by both us unconditionally. I know once we find the.right person, I.will be.just as comfortable with all three of us participatingin making love.to.each.other.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Official Greeter

Well, the stuff that glues all relationships together (romantic and platonic) is of utmost importance, but I'm quite in favor of sex and think it "literally embodies" the divine.

My only caution is to not get too caught up in the hope/expectation of a "perfectly-balanced triad/delta/triangle." People are all so different from each other, that each relationship is bound to be different as well, and you can't always expect each person to be "equally attracted" to both of the other persons. It's important to let each relationship be what it needs to be, and value the diversity of those relationships. One relationship might be more emotional, another more physical, who knows.

I'm not saying don't have that fantasy because it's good and a rather sweet idea. Just remember that like in any good story, the fantasy will morph and evolve to fit the ever-changing/unpredictable curve balls that life always throws our way.

I understand the feeling of having something missing in your life, and I hope you and your husband will both find the perfect dream person for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.