Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love13 View Post
That all decided - keep closed lips and an open ear to my heart and see how I really feel - the FUNNIEST things have happened. Mr. several times confessed his attraction for me, in group setting, and similarly Mrs. has twice alluded to or directly proposed a swap. Timing and circumstance prohibited immediate action (dang!), but it certainly indicated some openness and attraction on both of their behalves.
I would still warn you against having sexual contact with either him or his wife until you know for sure what you're feeling. Confused feelings + sex = even more confusion and possible drama!

I understand not talking about it until you're sure of what you're feeling, but I still think that letting yourself become sexual with this man without your husband knowing that you may have more than friendly feelings is tantamount to cheating and/or lying. You would be encouraging your husband to enter into a situation when he doesn't know the whole story.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 PM

I'm a little concerned that you don't seem to have any concerns for the girlfriend's feelings.

If she's kinda traditional, it will be hard for her to know that you have feelings for her boyfriend, and doubly hard if he returns those feelings.

Yet you're thinking of seducing her into a 4-way, basically so she can be an appendage while you get it on with her boyfriend?

You're right to wait and do nothing. I would be really uncomfortable living with you under those circumstances.

In other advice, you might want to talk to your husband about your inclinations toward polyamory, maybe with the ultimate goal of being able to date on your own and fall in love. Your husband may not want to fall in love with anyone else himself (he's happy just getting pussy and that's cool), but that doesn't mean you have to be happy with "just sex" if you want something more.