Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM

I am so thankful for my loves these days. There's so much going on with work and with the derby board that having listening ears around is a very good thing. Although I do feel like the endless whine at the moment. I'm trying to see the positive in things but the stress keeps leaking out and colouring everything with snippyness (which according to spell check isn't a word ). Some days I really have no idea why anyone wants anything to do with me at all. I seem to alternate between exhaustion and crankyness. I sure as heck wouldn't want to talk or hang out with me.

I know that this is all temporary and that things will settle down again. I'm looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. At least the sun is shining today and being that it's a clinic day things are pretty quiet around here. Although I managed to piss off a coworker by enforcing the rules again. If everyone just followed the rules in the first place things would just go smooth. I don't like being the bad guy and telling people they can't just do things their way if it doesn't work with the rules that we have in place. But you can't have rules that apply to some people and not to others or they aren't rules anymore.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Chin up Mrs. Its all good. Everything comes around.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 PM

Read your signature Derby !
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjast View Post
Read your signature Derby !
Thanks, you have a point.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Tonight I'm sending my husband and his other love out for the night for his birthday. They haven't had a lot of time alone since she moved out here. They have different work schedules and life stuff comes up. My husband needs the chance to just be able to be himself. When we go out together I'm still his wife with all the joys and worries that come along with that. It's hard for us to go out and to just focus on being 2 people having fun together (we do have fun together but there's usually a serious discussion about kids or finances or renos ect during our dates). I know that going out with his other love allows him the opportunity to not have to think about all of that just for a night. Plus I wanted to do this for them to let them know that I really am happy for them to have their relationship.

In a way I'm being a little selfish as well. I get to have the evening to myself in my house. I'm going to put a girly movie on and maybe make myself a drink and watch my movie in front of the fireplace. I haven't had a self date in a long time. I've been neglecting myself as my own primary. Time to refocus tonight!

Tomorrow RP and I are going out to a fund raiser put on by my derby team. The place is kind of a dive but it's still going to be a good time and if the band really sucks there are always other places to go! I'm really looking forward to my weekend.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:40 PM

Yay for self-date nights!!! Have fun
Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post

Tomorrow RP and I are going out to a fund raiser put on by my derby team. The place is kind of a dive but it's still going to be a good time and if the band really sucks there are always other places to go! I'm really looking forward to my weekend.
You guys.....errr girls...oops! sorry...women will be a sexy couple for sure Enjoy your night alone and your tomorrow night with your girlfriend

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-27-2010, 05:04 AM

My husband left me some chocolates, a note and my favourite beer for my self date night. I'm watching eat, pray, love and having my beer
Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 AM

That sounds fantastic Derby, enjoy!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
My husband left me some chocolates, a note and my favourite beer for my self date night. I'm watching eat, pray, love and having my beer
Is that a good movie?

I want to do a girl's night in... watch movies, drink wine/beer, eat chocolate and watch a chick flick.

Tags
anticipation, anxiety, emotions, nervous