Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Question Facebook?

does this group in particular have a FACEBOOK group I could join..I find this web page very difficult to navigate (probably just me ) and fb would be a great way to keep in touch and follow .... if someone could .. feel free to e mail me at ljwheeler45@mac.com
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Redpepper manages a private FB page for poly peeps, but it isn't officially affiliated with this site. You would have to look for the link in her signature and contact her.

But as far as navigating this forum, what is so hard? It is just like every other BBcode forum that has been out there for years. Go to the main page at polyamory.com and click on the links to the Forum that you want, each has a different topic area. If you just want to read the most recent posts across all forums, click on the New Posts link at the top.

The FAQs are more specific about how the Bulletin Board works. Maybe it would help if you read the "Reading and Posting Messages" section of that. There is a link at the top that will take you there, but here it is:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/faq.php

You should always read the Guidelines for any forum you join, so if you haven't yet, go here:
User Guidelines & Forum Features

HTH!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM

A lot of people struggle with the forum format. We have lost a bunch of members of our forum simply because they thought the layout was too difficult to navigate and they forgot to log on. Folks have got used to things like Facebook, and want everything to be delivered in that same format, or instead using Facebook itself.

I think that we are rapidly reaching the point where folks want everything online to be Facebook... I find that kind of sad.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Official Greeter

That is kind of sad.

I haven't found the forum difficult to use, though it took a few weeks' experience to learn some of the "tips/tricks."

My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be many (or any) keyboard shortcuts. D'oh well, I will live. At least there's plenty of interesting topics to read and post in, and never a shortage of new material.

Wheels, if you have any specific questions about how to navigate the forum, please ask and I will try to answer (or hopefully others will know the answers).

Regards,
Kevin T.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:30 PM

I guess it's been awhile since I've used phpBB boards, because I remember them being easier to use than this site... so I guess my online habits and expectations have changed since the last time I was frequently using phpBB sites. /shrug

Tags
facebook, facebook?