Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 PM

Default dealing with breakups

My wife was a hinge in a classic V, and they just broke up. To make things more interesting we are three weeks into a new triad that is going well enough with everything being considered. This is the first time my wife has had another "love" outside of our relationship, and I want to be sure to cover her needs.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM

What would you do for a friend going through a breakup? I would think the needs would be pretty much the same - additional support - understanding if she needs to talk about, willingness to deal with often irrational mood swings or crying , possibly insight on what happened, possibly the willingness to completely ignore it happened for a while! Just be there for her, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your support.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Not sure what you are asking for here.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
What would you do for a friend going through a breakup? I would think the needs would be pretty much the same - additional support - understanding if she needs to talk about, willingness to deal with often irrational mood swings or crying , possibly insight on what happened, possibly the willingness to completely ignore it happened for a while! Just be there for her, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your support.
Thanks figured on covering all the basics and being there for her. Guess I am wondering if there is any special considerations I should be aware of in a poly sense.