Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstar View Post
Sorry that the white on black is hard to read!
I know others are affected by this but it didn't bother me at all - actually the darkness of the site added to the "steamy" feel for me - like I was in a candlelit bedroom with all of you! (when I flipped back here my brain went "Ack! too bright...no sex here!")

Everyone has their own preferences I guess.

JaneQ

PS. MrS just told me that he saw a study somewhere that white on black is supposedly easier on your eyes for longer-term reading...your brain just initially complains because it is not what you "expect" to see. Will see if I can find link...
May have been prompted by this lifehacker post: http://lifehacker.com/5483656/change...endly-contrast
Some discussion here: http://ux.stackexchange.com/question...screen-reading
- apparently it depends on the ambient lighting / font used / and whether the reader has astigmatism!
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 04-07-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add PS
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
PS. MrS just told me that he saw a study somewhere that white on black is supposedly easier on your eyes for longer-term reading...
This is what I learned from both my sister who is in marketing and is a website designer, and from my studies in videomaking (making titles, captions, etc.). It doesn't have to be black on white, it's just better if it's dark lettering on light background, but there should be contrast.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM

I think it's my age......the eyes have started changing a great deal as I get older. I do get my contact prescription changed every year, but they are not like they used to be.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 AM

Actually, light backgrounds with dark text is damaging for the eyes. White on black is much better and, in general, easier for most people to read. It was actually the way the internet used to be. Dark backgrounds and light text. In fact, even road signs are usually dark blues and greens and reds with white lettering, as they are the easiest for people to read. There are, of course, white signs with black lettering, and people who read better with dark text on light backgrounds... But they are the minority.
=]
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 AM

There you go- looks like I'm in the minority again! I definitely find dark letters on light background easier to read....in fact, the other way is actually very irritating for me and I find myself straining and squinting. But I don't mind being in the minority.....and the poly minority is the most fun one of all!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM

You can enlarge the size of the text on a pc by holding down the control key and pressing the + key. You can do this repeatedly to make the text as large as needed. Then to make it smaller hold down control while you tap the - key. that makes it easier for me to read difficult print.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 AM

Default can't find blog?

Windstar I am trying to go to your blog but it says server is down....? I am new to a mmf triad & eager to learn all I can.