Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post
My husband has started seeing someone and I had a chance to sit down for coffee with both of them last night. We had a great conversation and I'm looking forward to spending more time with her as we seem to have alot in common
I have had weird little moments of jealousy regarding her, nothing that couldn't be talked through. I wasn't sure how I would feel about seeing the two of them together being affectionate. At the end of the evening, he gave her a gentle hug goodbye and seeing his head rest on hers, his feelings for her obvious, made me so incredibly happy. He is very loving towards me, but to see him direct that love towards someone else created a feeling that was the farthest thing from jealousy. I don't even quite have the words for it, I just felt so happy to see them together
Sometimes I wonder how natural jealousy actually is. When there is love, honesty, trust and respect for a lover, and the quality of the love is truly based on the desire to see your lover happy - the jealousy simply doesn't seem to exist....and it surprizes you the first time it happens.

I live alone, but I have 4 male lovers and they all know and like one another. Two of them have another female lover and the other two do not at this time. I am developing a new relationship with a woman. We've known each other for two years and from the beginnning (when she found out I was in a 12 year relationship with a woman 10 years ago) she told me that she has always wanted to have a sexual experience with a woman. Recently we had the opportunity to spend time together......me, her and a guy that she had been seeing. We discussed it before and she said she wasn't sure how she would feel to see me and him together. But, when it happened, she loved it! It surprized her, but she was thrilled!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 PM

I found out today that a professor at my school is poly!!!

I had run into him earlier this year at the local gay bar, the only one in town, and I thought at the time that was way cool. I knew he had a girlfriend, but I thought nothing of it since the gay bar is way cooler than the redneck bars in town...

I was in his office discussing some research he was working on. Then today he goes, "so it looks like we may have some overlap in our social circles. I was about to join the local poly group on fetlife, but..." [[I started the local poly group on fetlife because there wasn't one]]. Aww, he was so embarrassed, it was so CUTE! *giggles* ... easy for me because I'm 20-something, the student, and in no position of authority or at risk of losing my reputation... but he felt he should bring it up just to make sure I realized this was not public knowledge and that he'd like to keep it that way.

WAY COOL MAN!!

Makes me wonder how many more of us there are out there, clinging to the shadows and lurking around the edges.
—bisexualbaker
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
easy for me because I'm 20-something, the student, and in no position of authority or at risk of losing my reputation
Or your job...

Speaking as someone who works at a small liberal arts college, the idea that I could be a role model for students who desperately need an alternative way of looking at the world than the rigid suburban model most of them grew up with vies with the reality that I don't have tenure yet, and if I'm too open about who I am I may not get tenure. It's necessary to be cautious.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 AM

In the car with my daughter, Monkey (11) and Asha's son, Rockstar (4)...

Monkey (to Rockstar): Do you have a girlfriend?

Rockstar: Yeah. I have two girlfriends!

Monkey (shocked): Two girlfriends!

Rockstar: And a boyfriend.

Monkey: And mommy has a husband and a boyfriend and a girlfriend.

Just made me smile.

Then today at school I overheard Monkey telling her friend that she had to carry her little brother (Rockstar) to her uncle's car--said uncle being Rockstar's godfather, no relation to us at all. Is it wrong that I get such a kick out of these confused family situations?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:09 AM

In the past couple of weeks, changes have come to our family.
Long story short, my deeply loving, non-physical partnership has shifted to a more intense and sexual partnership with the blessing and encouragement of all involved.

R and I, S and his wife spent a wonderful weekend together and today S sent this message to R (who of course shared it with me)

I really want to thank you for accepting and welcoming me into your family. I see your love for constlady, and want you to know my love for her runs very deep as well. According to my belief system, I believe it began a long time before this walk as we are now. It feels so good to be able to express my feelings w/o fearing repercussions or offending anyone. This is an old walk for me, but now with more mature, responsible, and caring people, I feel more happiness and honesty on the horizon than ever before. As you have accepted me as another part of constlady's life, I would like you to consider me as family. Someone you can count on should a need arise or for any assistence you might need. Loving constlady means caring about all of her and you are also a big part of her life. Please accept these words for how they are intended, and together, lets keep constlady on Cloud 9 for the rest of her days here.

Cloud 9 is a wonderful place to be
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 AM

Being held in the arms of both my men the night before my surgery and some "extra" entertainment for me by them....
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 AM

Thats it ??? Just extra entertainment??? Just kidding my Angel. Im glad you enjoyed yourself over and over and over again that night

OPPS was that out loud?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM

What?! You thought I was going to share ALL of my special little secrets?
I don't think so!

Here's another poly thing that makes me smile-to bring us back to topic!

Having Em drive me to the Dr. office because Maca and GG were both at work, Maca meeting us there (it's 40 miles from home and he works near it) to take care of me in my appointment.
Then having Em drive me to the store and push me in a wheel chair to find the things we needed at home, taking care of our 3 year old as well.

All of the people-parts of our polyfamily are meaningful-not just the ones I'm sexual with.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM

Last weekend, Richard was here and getting out of the shower. I noticed the drops of water sticking to the glass door after he closed it, so I said "Did you notice the squeegie in the shower?" He said "Yes, I did notice that hanging in there.....did you put that in there?" I said, "No".....he smiled and said- "Wait, let me see....it seems like something John would do!"....I laughed and said, "No, actually Charles did it!!" He replied with "Oh, really....I'm surprized !!!" We both smiled as he used it to clean off the glass......when he was finished and was going to brush his teeth, he said "Which toothbrush is mine again?? The blue, green or purple?"......"Your's is the blue one, baby!"
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 PM

This was such a lovely thread that I have to bump it. Would like to hear more happy moments.

I have shared kisses with my girlfriend on many escalators: the height difference is just perfect!

I treasure the openness poly has brought to my marriage! We didn't use to hide anything, there were just things we didn't come to think to share with each other.