Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 05:05 PM

Default Poly things that make you smile

I had such an "awww" moment last night that I had to share:

My boyfriend B. and I were sitting on the couch of the fraternity house, him doing schoolwork and me working on a scarf and he leaned over to me at one point and was like "you know, we'll be doing this a lot some day if I become a professor. Cuddling on the couch, you knitting, me working on lectures, and J. (my other boyfriend) putzing around with his computer. It'll be great."

so much win. Share your cute moments if ya got em, because I'm sappy like that
Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM

Sitting on the couch with Polynerdist as Redpepper sat in front of the fireplace last weekend. Just hanging and chatting with friends

Relaxed and completely natural.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 PM

Every weekday morning, I kiss Easy goodbye, drop the kids off at school, get a morning hug from Sunday, then spend my afternoon working out with Asha before picking the kids up. Does it get better than that?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:51 PM

This past weekend the four of us were together. Saturday morning Gator and Kitten were starting their day earlier than Tech and I. They came in to kiss us bye before leaving us in bed to meet up with them later. We spent the day in a quad and dyads. A little with the girls together and the guys together. One of our best weekends.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Sometimes a little humour with respect to my relationship makes me smile This weekend my mother called me when I was over at Redpepper's house in the evening. She started the conversation with "Sorry, are you in bed?" to which I replied "Yes, ALL THREE OF US!"
She quickly told me what a pain in the ass I was and then sort of laughed. I cracked up!

Guess you had to be there

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-05-2010, 12:01 AM

I broke the "news" to my Father that I was in a poly dynamic family. He told thats cool and then he told me" by the way your Step mother and I are SWINGERS!!!" I laughed my ass off.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:12 AM

This one dosent start off sounding like its a "smile" moment but think about it and maybe you will get it.

The night before last. I told my very straight laced Brother the whole dynamic that is LR,GG and myself being a V. I did my best to explain it to him but to no avail. He was twisted ,tweaked, and disturbed. He is my Bro none the less so if did his best to be "there for me". Im not sure how/if things will be different between us or him and GG, or LR. But I can tell you that it was a load off my shoulders being able to not have to hide things from my " family".

So although its not a cute,romantic or touching moment between LR,GG or myself. Its a poly moment that I can look back on and smile because its a bridge that I jumped off and I survived it. For me that is hugh.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 AM

awww Maca! Those stories are awesome! By the way, I love the little quote from your little one "No worddies be happy". Stop talking, listen, and enjoy. That's a very cool philosophy from one so young, ha ha :P

Great topic to start! Thanks world!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 AM

This is just becoming really real for me (seriously, as of this past weekend), but I have to say:

* Falling asleep on the sofa in Shiny New BF's arms, snuggled in tight, and waking to his girlfriend squealing as she videochatted with her other boyfriend about how adorable we were.

and

* Seeing my husband at the airport and being impossibly happy to see him. And, even after being cuddled and adored all day, couldn't wait to crawl into my husband's arms and spend the night watching TV together.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maca View Post

So although its not a cute,romantic or touching moment between LR,GG or myself. Its a poly moment that I can look back on and smile because its a bridge that I jumped off and I survived it. For me that is hugh.
I think you will find this a turning point my friend This is a brave and positive step.

Happy for you brother, get down here so we can go for a ride!

Poly Events All Over