Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Default Aloha from Maui

I'm the male side of a relationship of 5 years with my girlfriend. We started off with a primarily sex based relationship, at least from my perspective. We developed into a close friendship with some great sex. She wanted more "commitment" which i judged (due to my conditioning) to mean commit to her only. I've never been one to give up my options easily so I just kept on going like we (read I) had been. Eventually our relationship developed to the point that we decided we wanted to have a threesome, that was about a year ago. Not knowing how to go about finding the "third", I just started going on dates with other women, figuring I would tell them about "my girlfriend" if it started to develop into something. She and I joked about "my other girlfriend(s)", it really helped to tighten our friendship but also made her a bit insecure at times. I decided to check out an old love of mine that I thought would be a great "classic" wife for me. I have found that relationship to be largely unfulfilling (surprise , surprise) but strangely I've seen glimpses of my unconditional love towards her. Thankfully, my girlfriend has stuck with me (friendship rules). We are moving back into our boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, and I have so much more respect for her and her capacity to love. We know that we want to have some sort of poly-relationship involving another woman. What we don't know is how to meet her...
Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Default Keep reading in the forum

I'm not clear from your post if your girlfriend is interested in a "bi" relationship with a another woman that would make the two of you a trio. If so, could she participate in the search as well? There's probably a lot of information in the forum on a search like this.
Whatever you find, we should all be so fortunate to be doing the search in Maui.

Frank is an unattached recovering monogamist, poly dating straight male.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM

She could be classified as bi-curious in a sexual way but mainly wants to enjoy a "sisterhood" with another woman. She also likes to see me fulfilled, she really deeply enjoys that. We just want to share, no matter if I "find her" we "find her" or she "finds her".
Aloha and Mahalo