Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 08:04 AM

Default Quirkyamorous

That's the best word to describe our lifestyle of choice.

I am 32, my husband of almost 14 years is 33 years old. We have a 10 year old daughter (only child). We live in Oklahoma. We are both Atheist after many years of devout religiosity (of the Southern variety).

I am bisexual. My husband is straight. He wants a female, I want a female and/or male. Neither have to be single.

We were courting the same woman but she had so many things preventing her from making the commitment we were looking for. She was married and had three children.

Around the same time as the break up with her, I started a long distance relationship with an ex BF serving overseas in the military. But as soon as he returned he ceased contact with no warning. He was married also.

I quickly felt out of place when I peaked into the swinging world. We want relationship, love, friendship, courting, butterflies. Maybe eventually merging households if prospects are good enough.

There is so much to read here that I don't even know where to start. Nearly every thread I click is full of interesting topics and view points written by people I want to get to know better because I find them fascinating.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read all of this and I hope to get to know the community a lot better in months to come.

-mrspolyamorous
Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM

Welcome!

Sounds like you two are in a good place in terms of knowing what you like in a relationship and being open to various configurations. I clicked through to your blog that you linked to in a different post - some good reading there about your style of poly and views on sex and things. (Reminds me - there was a post there I wanted to comment on...should get on with that.)

Thanks for joining.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Mrs P,
Welcome to our forum.

There certainly is a wealth of threads and information here, so I imagine you'll enjoy your stay. Interesting you mentioned being Atheist; that happens to be my position also (after being raised Mormon/LDS in Utah).

Hope you guys find what you're looking for, happiness/fulfillment above all. It's nice to meet you here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.