Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 AM

Default They Call Me Sugarbooger

Hi. My name is Sugarbooger. My spouse and I are involved with another person, someone who had been my friend for a while. After coming out to her and myself, I've realized that this dynamic fits me, is me. I feel like this all makes sense.

Part of me is happy I've finally realized it, but sometimes I'm just sad. I'm a parent, a friend to many, and considering seminary-(liberal obviously). Out of respect for my spouse, girlfriend, and children I'm out to very few, and don't really want anyone at work to know.

My spouse enjoys the relationship, but has serious reservations about me seeing anyone else. He's new to all of this, doesn't really identify as poly, and doesn't want to hear about crushes. Oh yeah, there's that whole keeping score thing too. He wants to make sure that we're getting equal amounts of time together with our lover and 1:1 time with her which drives me kind of nuts. I'm hoping he'll get past that. I'm also hoping I can get past that gut wrenching tinge of jealousy when it is their night together, or when she goes to see one of her other lovers. Blargh.

So in the mean time, I'm here--I'm glad I found this place. The crazy factor seems to be at a low which is nice for me.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Hey there sugarbooger, sweet name
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM

Default Considering seminary...

That's interesting. Wonder what kind of school you would consider... Wonder how the Duke Divinity School would handle polyamory?