Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 AM

Default Weeelllp, here I am

Hello,
My spouse and I are starting to slowly separate, she's already seeing others and I'm kinda left not knowing what to do....
It's a mutual thing so don't get the wrong idea, but it would help if it was easier to meet people who were understanding of the scenario. We still wanna be with each other, but at the same time we want to branch out and experience new things.

That being said, if anyone in the Houston area has a similar issue, or just would like to hook-up and be sociable, let me know, I'm very sociable and its killing me to be so isolated.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:48 AM

"Separate" isn't a word I want to see/think about when choosing this life. A lot of people have told me that my wife and I are "separating ourselves" by choosing this new lifestyle. That shouldn't be the case. This shouldn't be something that comes between you. If it is, it's not poly. It's seeing other people and not wanting to let go.

I would consider backing off the poly thing and going to see a counselor if you feel like the two of you are losing connection. At least talk to her and find out what's going on.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old
Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM

OP, are you saying you and your wife are separating, as in moving toward divorce, or are dating separately, as in a polyamorous arrangement? It's a little confusing.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Tags
introductions