Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 PM

This is fantastic news! I love to see people expanding into more joy, love, and freedom! It's good for all of us, really! Thanks, and enjoy! And stay the course. Don't let the small shit get you down. There will be bumps along the way for all of us, and the trick is to keep openning into more love, joy, freedom.

River's Blog
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 AM

Thanks, JRM.

I must admit I was a little uncomfortable at first being of a different mindset towards a few things than everyone else. Kinda felt like a fifth wheel. The other poly couple are friends of Redpeppers and her husband, not lovers just to clarify. Once again they prove to bring good people into their life.

They have a vision of community with like-minded people, which I am happy to be a part of (and a little pensive as you can imagine). All of our dreams are obtainable within this vision and totally worth working to achieve.

Take care
Old 05-19-2009, 12:51 AM

That is wonderful, Mono.....it's always so awesome to grow closer and deeper in love.....content and secure in your relationship is the goal for all of us, I think. Many wishes for your poly happiness and your extended family!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Congrats Mono. On both being able to call the 'rents and tell them what you did. And moreso on your growing relationship!

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 PM

I'm out to my family, my friends and anyone else who may ask. I don't advertise usually, but am an open book to pretty much anyone who asks what I believe or how I live.

I do have three kids, and I haven't volunteered any information to them. Once they reach the age when they start wondering I'm sure there will be questions....and at that point they will get the full poop as well.

This goes for pretty much everything in my life, though. Not just Poly.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 PM

Well said Laz!

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 PM

One of my sisters, along with 2 cousins and most of my close friends know Im in a poly relationship. My sister, one cousin and few friends that dont really agree are still being supportive and not making it a big deal so its not affecting our relationships at all. My other friends and cousin just said whatever makes me happy and are fine with it. Even the cousin and a friend who doesnt agree have met my bf and got along with him, my best friend and a childhood frined have met both my bf and his wife and things went well. One day in class we had free time and were talking in small groups, someone mentioned something negative about something poly they had heard so I jumped up to defend it, i mentioned my relationship status and they all understood except for one guy who right away played the oh well its all about just having more sex deal. I corrected him and he shut up only after warning me not to give that info to anyone because they could take it as me being a slut. Thats the only negative response ive ever gotten. Anyway Im pretty out to most people except my parents and other siblings who i know would never understand. I dont advetise like Laz said but if it comes up oh well im not ashamed of it. Also lately ive found that i slip up and say my bfs wife if something comes up that she likes or whatever, then people give me strange looks but dont ask, i keep reminding myself not to do that.

March 26, 2009

Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post
I'm completely shameless. If you hang around me, you'll see what I'm doing; if you ask about it, I'll tell you. Most people don't ask. Most ignorance is willful.
Heh. I guess i'm in the same boat when it comes to friends/public/when i meet new people at parties. my boys and i are completely out and interact freely. however my family does not know. my coworkers could i just havent had the chance to tell them yet.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 AM

Having recently come out to my parents has made a big difference for me. I went camping with Redpepper and her family again this last weekend and was unhesitant to tell my parents how my weekend went. They are still somewhat taken back I am sure but only want me happy. It feels good to tell them about my love and life!

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 06-02-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 AM

That's great Mono....very glad for you. We're still taking it slow here in our little town. Trying to steal little PDAs as we can but not yet ready to let it all out....although my wife has made numerous funny comments about walking around hand in hand with our 3rd just to see the looks on peoples faces around town! Hopefully we'll all be in your shoes soon.....