Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
It's amazing what I figure out when I disengage ...
Thank you! You just reminded me of something I heard about and have tried to develop but eventually forgot about... Lucid Dreaming. Lucid dreaming is basically being awake in your dream, being aware that it is just a dream, and being in control of your avatar in your dream. There's a lot of incredible experiences you can have this way, but the way it relates to self-discovery is that sometimes you can have what amounts to face-to-face discussions with your subconscious mind.

Here is a podcast that offers tips on learning lucid dreaming. The podcaster includes a story of a dream she had about being back in public school and not being able to find her classroom. She realized that she was dreaming, so she went to the principal's office and demanded to talk to whoever was in charge of the dream, which was basically her subconscious mind. I would bet that this is an ability that could be developed and that one might be able to have nightly conversations with their own subconscious mind.

Right. Now where did I put that dream journal?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Thanks again to all the shared experiences people are bringing forth on this I am learning from each of you and happy this thread has stayed on track. Thanks!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Tags
acceptance, boundaries, processing