Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 AM

Default Long lasting...?

I would like to know if there is any couples who has had a closed group of partners that's lasted for years? Wether the group be 4,6 or more ppl..
Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow View Post
I would like to know if there is any couples who has had a closed group of partners that's lasted for years? Wether the group be 4,6 or more ppl..
"Couples" don't really have situations like this. Individuals do. Poly is generally not couplecentric.

It seems to me that the first thing to do is to work on not thinking of relationships from the stand point of us (the couple) and them. It just doesn't really work like that I have found. Poly is not co-dependent its about autonomy, even if you have a partner that you share kids, house, car, assets with. Love doesn't understand all that.... Maybe your questions should be rephrased? Just a thought.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM

How would I go about this question.. Is there any closed group of about 4,6 people that stayed together? If so how long?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow View Post
How would I go about this question.. Is there any closed group of about 4,6 people that stayed together? If so how long?
sounds good to me, and yes there are many... their situations might not be what one would think as poly relationships tend to create a good deal of autonomy. The definitions of a "closed group" can be as varied as poly relationships themselves.

I live in an emotional triad with three and have a girlfriend outside of that also... we are four in a round about way... or five, if you include her husband. We are committed to each other in various ways and have been for about three years as is. The rest is a matter of each person and how we all fit together.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 AM

Has it been the 3 of you for the 3 years solid? Or all 4 of you has been solid for 3 years? Thanks for helping me figure this out btw
Old 02-21-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm unclear as to what you are trying to figure out. Could you explain what it is behind this that makes you interested in knowing? If you read around here long enough you will see that there are many configurations in poly relationship dynamics.

All four of us for about three years. We are not all partnered but metamour relationships I find are just as important. Often there is no less support and caring. To me poly is about creating relationships of care and support. The rest is icing. I have a lot of icing I'm very fortunate.