Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 AM

Default Seeking Mentor for Information- Seattle Female

Hi Ladies and Gents!

My name is Cindy. I have always been intrigued by the Poly lifestyle but have never really researched it or persued it. I'd love to become friends with someone that would like to provide a "mentorship" role for me so I can ask questions.

Some info about me- I am 35 and am a divorced female. I am attracted to both men and women. I value friendships immensely. My interest in Poly lifestyle all began when I started watching the TV series Big Love on HBO. I love that show and think it would be cool to have "sister wives" or likewise, "brother husbands" ? LOL. I've been single for quite some time and think this would be an awesome way to create a unique family. I'm very open minded and sociable. I love people. I love to travel. I'm originally from St. Louis and now live in Seattle.

Would you like to be friends?

Cindy
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 AM

there is a lot of love and respect on this forum... please feel free to ask whatever you like.

I suggest that you have a look around, do some reading, get acquainted and if you find someone resonates with you then PM them and see if they would be willing to support you and offer some private discussion.

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the forum
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 AM

Ask, ask, ask but it's probably best to do it generally on-line until you find a person that has experience in the particular lifestyle you're interested in because everyone's situation is different.

"Big love" was not polamory it was about polygamy, which is a very different thing.

I'm happy to help but at the moment I'm mono in love with a poly guy who does hold a fantasy of having me and his OSO both living with him. I must admit that I am rather intrigued by the idea, although I can't see that I'd stay mono for long under that arrangement. It's all academic at the moment anyway because OSO is about a million steps behind Z's fantasy.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:29 AM

yes i wouild cindy be open to that i love big love too
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 AM

Polyamory and polygamy are not that different. One implies marriage is all. If polygamy were legal who would be interested in marrying their secondaries? I know I would! You are still loving more than one. Yes there are some cultural differences to those who practice them but in all technicallity polygamy is just another form of polyamory.

Last edited by PixieStyx; 07-28-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 AM

Default Healthy, energetic,elderly sailor with boat in Hawaii.

Seeking sensual friends/lovers of both sexes to share my life with! My wife passed away 12 years ago. Had an intimate relationship with a married couple from your area, which I enjoyed immensely. I'm a slender male with a healthy head of hair of German, English, Native American and Southern extraction. I found out that I'm attracted to all races, females and some males. I'm a non-smoker, interested in a healthy life style. Love tropical islands, good films, friendly people.

Tags
seattle, st. louis