Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM

Default Poly Funerals

Anyone ever been to or heard of a funeral in which one of partner was poly? or openly poly.

That situation would make for a interesting conversation or 2....hierarchy could rear it head, picking caskets, receiving line issues, clergy issues, obituary, who's going to get up and speak...who and what should be mentioned what should not.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:25 PM

No - but I wonder if the difficulties would fundamentally be any different from the difficulties that many families face with not agreeing about arrangements and about hierarchies?

I think often that it would be a good idea for people to take control of their own funeral arrangements while they are still able to take the pressure of grieving loved one.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM

I agree fundamentally it could be very similar. However adding 1 or 2...3 people to the mix .... all having equal status.... equal time splits in life, etc ,etc could add some real complexity to the situation. Committees sometimes break down in these situations. Also, grief and stress cause some people to check out....drop out...disappear when things get hard. Like my sister. On the other hand it could have the natural advantage of division of labor....and the real expression of love as a send off.

It's interesting that nobody has run across any of this.

This could mean poly people actually live healthier and longer

Tags
families, life events