View Poll Results: Who are you?
Male, I prefer to explore, but would rather she not see other dudes. 1 7.69%
Female, I prefer to explore, but would rather he not see other chicks. 0 0%
Male, I want to explore, and she's free to pursue other men. 3 23.08%
Female, I want to explore, and he's free to pursue other women. 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Banned

Default Male or female, if you could squish into one sentence, how would it be?

Answer honestly.

Last edited by Sociopath; 02-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 AM

Obviously, you have only designed this poll for heterosexual folks.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

Default Well, duh.

Sorry about that. Most people are in some form of heterosexual relationship, and I wanted to see how the results would go.

But then, I'm going to guess that most people reading all this do so anonymously, without registering. So... there's the flaw in that, pfffft.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
Most people are in some form of heterosexual relationship

There's a wiki for that
. There ought to be a closer trope. Without wanting to start arguments over definitions or semantics, it's simply not my experience that most *poly* people are only in heterosexual relationships.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 AM

The poll is also couple-centric, as it is focused only on what a person wants for themselves and just one partner -- as if those are the only two people who matter. It really isn't a very good poll for polys.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-15-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM

I've got a cis-gendered female body, I am genderqueer in my head and in how I like to fuck and do kink. I have a transgender gf and 2 cis-gendered male partners. We are all free to look at, lust after, flirt with, and fuck anyone of any gender (and I think there are 33 genders).
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I've got a cis-gendered female body, I am genderqueer in my head and in how I like to fuck and do kink. I have a transgender gf and 2 cis-gendered male partners. We are all free to look at, lust after, flirt with, and fuck anyone of any gender (and I think there are 33 genders).
I say this with all due respect, but... 33 genders? lol

This is why the polyamorous community will never gain traction in mainstream society.

While it may make for an interesting philosophical conversation, there are only two genders. Also, you are a Homo sapien. Not a unicorn, not a spiritual entity, not a mystical creature.

And, I don't mean to offend you, but as collateral damage probably will anyway, you would have no love for anyone if it were not for quantifiable, observable chemical reactions in your brain.

I find your answer peculiar, or interesting. But at the end of the day, it makes sense only to keep things simple--not to over-complicate them. There are exactly two genders required to make a baby. Sex will, forever, relative to the existence of our species, be solely for the purpose of making a baby.

As you can imagine, with 33 genders, erm, the poll would be very overwhelming. This is why, to be honest, I had set up only 4 options.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
While it may make for an interesting philosophical conversation, there are only two genders.
That is simply not true.

Quote:
There are exactly two genders required to make a baby.
It's now apparent that you have no idea what "gender" means.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 PM

Giggidy, indeed.

We have many gay, bisexual, pansexual and transfolk people here in this community. Or people partnered with bisexuals and transpeople. I'd recommend watching your language and being polite.

Bless.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

AT,

I think we're butting heads over the classic case of semantics. What's apparent, only, is that you and I use the word gender differently.

We're speaking through the English language, and most English-speaking people have reached a consensus on what the word means. It gets an eye roll at best, and is obnoxious at worst, when somebody insists that his or her new definition of a word prevails.

If we keep going in this direction, it's just going to turn into you being maybe irked with me. I can't come up with a good reason to contribute to your discomfort. So, let's agree to disagree.