Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM

This whole kinsey thing I find hard to answer. If I think of the women I'm attracted to, I wouldn't say that I fit kinsey. I don't identify as bi because I don't like all women and men. I like female transexuals quite often more than most men and women combined right now. What does that say? There is still gender attached, soooo?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
This whole kinsey thing I find hard to answer. If I think of the women I'm attracted to, I wouldn't say that I fit kinsey. I don't identify as bi because I don't like all women and men. I like female transexuals quite often more than most men and women combined right now. What does that say? There is still gender attached, soooo?
Yeah, I've had trouble with that bit when I find myself attracted to a transgendered person (which has happened quite a few times). Bisexuality assumes a lot in terms of gender. Which is why pansexual seems to be a term being more widely used.

I think a lot of people misunderstand bisexuality as being attracted to the gender aspect of a person. For me it's more that gender isn't a factor as much. The Kinsey scale doesn't really address that aspect.

Though I do find myself in phases where there are more of one gender I'm attracted to than another gender. But I still see that after the fact, not so much like "Men are more appealing to me right now", etc.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 AM

I think gender is on a spectrum (not just male or female but all sorts of stuff in between).
Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 AM

Is there some sort of scale for gender out there too?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 AM

Good question!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Is there some sort of scale for gender out there too?
Scale? I dunno, but there are terms galore.

Straight
Cis-gendered
Het
Vanilla
Prude
Genderqueer
Genderfucker
Hermaphrodite
Butch
Femme
Ambiguously sexed/gendered
Androgyne
Penis ambivalence
Breast envious
Penis envious
Tgirl
Boi
Transman
Transwoman
Non-op (eration)
Pre-op
Post-op
Man
Woman

And then there are asexual transwomen. Not so many asexual transmen (oh that testosterone)!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM

Default Survey Question (r.e., bisexuality & biamory)

These questions are mainly for the hetero- folks in the forum.

(You may also chime in if you are gay or bi, if you like, but I'm mainly interested in what the hetero- folks have to say on this matter.)

Would you be as likely to "date" a bisexual (or biamorous) person of the opposite sex as a hetero- person of the opposite sex?

Why? Why not?

===

[biamory is a term coined to distinguish bisexuals who aren't interested in same-sex "-amory" (loving relationships) from those who are. Many bisexuals are not actually biamorous. Some are only interested in same sex encounters if they involve only recreational ("casual") sex.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Yes. Actually...I am more inclined to date bi-sexuals. I find them more open in general (yes, and for the obvious threesome factor ). I haven't been with a straight girl (barring our ex who was bi-curious when we met) in...13 years.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Not that I'm likely to get the opportunity, but if someone was interested in me, and I liked them, their being bi or not wouldn't enter my thinking. Other than how this orientation affected their personality, and how well they got along with A and A2.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:12 AM

I suppose so. I married a bi woman. I'm currently flirting with a bi woman (who is also a bit genderqueer).

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Tags
attractions, bi-women, biamorous, biamory, bisexual, bisexuality, heterosexuality, love, meditation, pansexual, poly vs. open, polyamorous, polyamory, polysexual, steriotypes