Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 AM

Default Hello Everyone!

Hey, I am 34 year old guy from NJ. My wife and I decided about 3 years ago to try an open marriage / poly lifestyle. She was able to find another female partner who she has been seeing nearly the entire time we have decided to go down this path (my wife is bi) but I have yet to find anyone. It is sort of depressing. I have used craigslist to find 4 woman, but you know how that is, they want you to pay them for experiences (yeah I know shameful) and it just feels so hollow, I really want to find someone who wants to not only engage in sex but is a part of my life to some capacity and is not requiring money to see.

Where are you all finding people? I recently tried the website OkCupid and it hasn't been so good. Most people ignore me on OkCupid or respond with negative opinions about poly lifestyles. It's really hard to find people. Any suggestions? I am in ocean county NJ.

Jason
Old 02-02-2012, 02:13 AM

It can take a long time...and requires a lot of patience.

I've been finding that things are more likely to happen when I'm not actually looking for them. It's infuriating as hell, and totally against my preferred nature, but the numbers don't lie.

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?