Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
Whether you intend it that way or not, this comes off as a judgement. My point, though I'm aware you did not mention anyone by name, is that not everyone agrees with YOUR point of view that this is even something that necessarily needs improvement.

I'm pointing out reasons that an alternate viewpoint from your own could be just as valid. Yes, I responded because I had something to say based on my own life and experience. Isn't that the point of this forum??
All valid points. You're probably right, I was casting judgement on the dependence. I sometimes forget, just because I could never tolerate being with certain personality aspects, that doesn't mean there aren't people who specifically seek them out. Where would all the mother hens be without you guys?

"Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. " -- Louis de Bernières

Tags
confusion, mono, mono/poly, secondaries