Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Default Hello...somewhat new here

I've been lurking on these forums and reading for a little while, so I figured I should finally introduce myself. I guess to put myself in poly terms, I'm a 35 year old straight single male that is open to meeting an MF couple to form an MFM V that hinges on the woman. It seems like that is kind of a minority everywhere I look, but it's how I've felt for quite a long time. As many of you have found, it's really hard to find a good match, so I figured socializing a bit here can't hurt.

Physically, I'm a little on the tall side at 6'2", and I would theoretically have brown hair if I didn't shave my head. I'm usually somewhere between average and athletic in shape, depending on how much spare time I've had to invest in the gym...I like to try to take care of myself though. I feel more comfortable in my own skin when I'm in good shape.

As for my life - I have a pretty wide array of interests...hitting the gym/running, computers, to photography, and even some types of antiques. I can hold up my end of most conversations, and I appreciate others who can as well. I actually grew up as a child of the 80's, so I have an appreciation for some things from that time. A little nostalgia is a good thing.

I work as a programmer. I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of work, but it's been good to me.

It would be nice to find some people here in Austin, but in the long term / big picture of things...I have some openness to relocating too. I have a great job here in Austin, and the market here for my line of work is fantastic, but I can work in almost any city in the country. I'm originally from the East coast (PA), and I think about moving back in that direction sometimes.

I'm disease free, and drug free, and intent on staying that way. I'm not trying to set a world number for how many partners I can have in my life, and I don't need to be poly to happy...it's just something that I like if I can find it.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Welcome to the forum, hope you find the support you are looking for.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new to this forum as well, but I've been the hinge of a Vee for longer than I've known the word "polyamory" (yes, we're backwards, it just sort of happened, and THEN I started reading about it). If you don't mind me asking, what's the appeal for you in being in a MFM Vee? Asking that question of people already IN a relationship doesn't usually get very far-the answer centers around the person (as it should) rather than the relationship configuration.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Welcome.

And as I am too in a MFM vee, I would love to second the gray girl as I am really curious what your point of view is based on in this matter. :P

My Blog
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM

Third vee here. You sound much like either of my men. They were friends first, while I was dating first bf. I dated them sequentially, and now it's simultaneously.

Welcome to the forum.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)