Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post

I respect their privacy. If he told someone in a message and not on the board, then that person really didn't have the right to share that information with the rest us. If he wanted us all to know, it would have been in his own post.
Of course, it's their right to be private. I said I was "disappointed" he didnt tell more details so we could help more. I'm allowed to be disappointed. It's not nosiness.

Quote:

I find it amusing that you used the third person "one wonders" rather than actually taking ownership for your inquisitiveness...
I find it amusing you're amused at a common term of speech.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 01-28-2012, 03:35 PM

I'd like to thank all the ladies who participated on this topic. If any of you have anything remotely tied to this topic feel free to add it now. The reason I say this is because I think if this goes 1 or 2 days more I'll win the pool. I checked the rules and this post doesn't violate any...and won't count in the end.

I thank you all in advance for you help. Pool rule dictate I can not offer ideas directly on the thread ...but I think we've really only scratch the surface. Just have fun ...

Thanks again D
Old 01-28-2012, 04:40 PM

Interesting question. Really couldn't answer for the wife if there are other issues affecting them but as for me, the size of the tool matters a lot less than the enthusiasm with which it is used. Provided the size of it is in the normal range, it's a non-issue. Hubby is thicker than b/f but I still enjoy the b/f immensely, even in the same session (we have occasional threesomes).
Old 01-28-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I find it amusing you're amused at a common term of speech.
I was amused by the context. My original post elaborated on the point, but I edited it before posting. Basically, I found it amusing that you chose to use the impersonal "one wonders" as a way to detach from the fact that it's actually you who wondered, rather than saying "I wonder" and admitting that it was really your own curiosity.

"A real relationship doesn't properly begin until the NRE burns away. That's when you have to start dealing with this person as an all-around human being, replete with irritating little habits. When disillusion sets in, love can begin."
Old 01-28-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I said I was "disappointed" he didnt tell more details so we could help more. I'm allowed to be disappointed. It's not nosiness.
Hell, I'll confess to being nosey! I do want to know! That doesn't mean I don't respect their right to privacy, but the husband did come to a public board to talk about it and ask for some feedback from us -- without giving enough info. How can we make suggestions if we're only guessing at why this is an issue for her?

We responded to his original question, and he pops in to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by polybi34 View Post
While I appreciate everyone's hypothetical responses, I really am hoping to tap into this wide experience base. Surely there is someone out there who has experienced this, and can speak directly to it. From their personal experience.
Riiiiiiight.... personal experience. With what? A condition he only revealed to one member secretly? After we tried to figure out where he's coming from in asking the question, and could only guess. No wonder our answers were hypothetical! But apparently, he had a problem with the "smart-aleck responses, all the haters, all the incredibly judgmental responses" and tells us he's disappointed because he "thought the poly community was more loving than that." So he disappears.

We'll probably never find out more, and that is disappointing because it could have been helpful to other folks, whether they participated in this thread or not. It's fine that he PM'd BrigidsDaughter to reveal to her that it is a medical condition, but he missed out on an opportunity by bringing it to the community here. This place is anonymous, his privacy wasn't at risk. We have at least one member who is a nurse, and many others who are very knowledgeable about physiology and sex.

So, yeah, I'm curious. I'm nosey.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me.
~Bryan Ferry
Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
But apparently, he had a problem with the "smart-aleck responses, all the haters, all the incredibly judgmental responses" and tells us he's disappointed because he "thought the poly community was more loving than that." So he disappears.
Poof ~~~!!! There goes the theory, that only women expect people to be 'mind-reader`s' eh ?

Dh : Cocks and vaginas have a way of evolving into other things. Just yesterday I saw a small gherkin, and a big Bicks dill and thought..........
Oh ,..nevermind. I`m off topic.

Alrighty, I`m done for the night. Need to make a phone call. Behave kids.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
if this goes 1 or 2 days more I'll win the pool. I checked the rules and this post doesn't violate any...and won't count in the end.

I thank you all in advance for you help. Pool rule dictate I can not offer ideas directly on the thread ...but I think we've really only scratch the surface. Just have fun ...

Thanks again D
May I ask what you are talking about! thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
May I ask what you are talking about! thanks
Ah...yeah. What she says?????????!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 AM

Kegel excercises......thats the answer. it will all be fine.

Trying to play well with others, lots of others!!!

Tags
dick size, experience, lover, penis, sexual preferences, size, swinging