Tampa Bay, FL area?

Actually, the tampa site is http://www.polytampa.com if I remember correctly...LEt me check..............Yep. it is.

We are going to their meeting this sunday, at the coffee house, for our first time.

Yes we went, there was about 20 people there. It was nice to be open and talk. They made us feel like we have been long time friends with all of them. You should come next month.

I'm so happy you felt at home with that group. I have never been to a meeting before, but I would love to come and check it out. Do you know when the next one is?

TGI Friday's
2501 E. Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 979-9112
(across from the east end of University Square Mall)

The meeting will be on Sunday, April 18th, the third Sunday of the month the meeting time will be from 7-9pm, but they will let us sit at 6:30 if you want to eat or order drinks.

No probelm, we'll likely be there as well. Tim and Liz.

We look forward to it. :) Just introduce yourselves to us after the meeting I guess. Otherwise you won't know who we are. LOL

upcoming meeting..

The next PolyTampa meeting will be on Sunday, July 18th from 7 pm - 9 pm in the meeting room at TGI Friday's, 2501 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612. This is across from the east end of University Square Mall. Food service starts at 6:30.

Meetings are held on the third Sunday of every month from 7-9 pm, barring a holiday, in which case they will be the following Sunday.

From Polytampa.com

I'll post a reminder the Friday before. I'll be there. Great group of people, wonderful conversation.

claire

So there is a meeting tonight? I've been to the site to check things out and it's event posted is dated June 20th. I've never been to a meeting and I'm new to the Poly world. If I go tonight to TGIF, do I just ask the hostess to point me to the meeting room?

Amy, you can go to TGIF, and yes, you can ask them to point you to the "Poly tampa meeting". It is in the back room. Let me know what you think of it. Their meeting isn't for me and my wife, but it is for a lot of others. It's a decent sized meeting with about 25-30 people usually.

Oh, and hello and welcome to the Poly world. Tampa...Don't ya love it? The Mrs. and I live over in Brandon.

amy ...

I'm with friends killing time at Starbucks until the meeting starts. I was new last month. I'll be the short woman (5'0"), in a gray San Diego t-shirt & green shorts.

Yes, there's a meeting tonight... Many volunteer sites have a hard time staying up to date.

Hopefully I'll see you tonight.

Claire

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! And yes, I do love the tampa area... I'm a tampa bay native, born and raised. :) I didn't end up going to the meeting. I kinda fell asleep and woke up too late. I was a bit iffy on going anyways, I didn't really wanna go by myself and didn't know who of my friends would have the open mind to go with me. Perhaps next month I'll be brave enough to show. How was the meeting Claire? Are the meeting always at that TGIF? I know the site said it's held every third sunday.

This month was a smaller group than last month. 26 or so attending. Some couples with long term poly relationships (30 years-20 years) Some singles exploring the poly possibilities.

Lots of interesting stories and opinions. (i.e. how do you find someone to date? Which comes first friendship or sex? (now, that was an interesting discussion... I suspect the answer is... whichever works best for you... )

My favorite quote from the meeting (Thank you Nic Danger) "Your parents know how to push your buttons because they installed them."

Recommendations for websites and books, and lots of other fun discussions.

Yes, it is always at TGIF (unless it is not --- In May, the party room was used for several graduation parties, so the meeting was elsewhere.)

claire.

Thank You

This was our first meeting and it won't be the last! We had a great time meeting everybody and discussing the topics. It was nice to be with others just to be open with people who did not judge. Even being able to talk openly about simple topics like sleeping arrangements and how we met was relaxing, it that reinforces our confidence in our choices.

I personally want to thank you all for making us feel welcome.
:)

This was our first meeting and it won't be the last! We had a great time meeting everybody and discussing the topics. It was nice to be with others just to be open with people who did not judge. Even being able to talk openly about simple topics like sleeping arrangements and how we met was relaxing, it that reinforces our confidence in our choices.

I personally want to thank you all for making us feel welcome.
:)

Glad to have you there.. although since you drive so far, I hope you can find closer meetings. You're always welcome here..

There was some very practical advice at the meeting... like the two top sheets .... It's the little things that make life easier. And that's why it so great to have the long time polys there.

(the two top sheets advice: If you sleep three --or more -- to a bed, make the bed with two top sheets so the middle third of the bed is covered with both sheets. This lets the middle person get out of the bed by slipping out the center. This also helps keep everyone covered with a sheet as people move around while sleeping. )

Someone at the meeting also mentioned that sheets that are flannel on one side of the bed, and cotton on the other side of the bed (with a seam down the middle) are available. That seemed to be a google alert for some polys attending.

claire

Southern Ploy Gathering

The southern Ploy gathering in Plant City on Oct.21-24, I have emailed the link requesting information on the events or possible schedule for the events and have not received a reply. We need to have a schedule to see if we can only be there for some discussions or events dates and times. We have to plan child care and time off requests for work, let alone a hotel (the women won't camp :D) Will someone that knows who to contact or where I can find the schedule let me know, please?

Back