Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
There is happiness in this post through sharing and awareness..and that's why it belongs here
sharing and awareness is always good.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Much sucess in Mono meeting PN's younger brother for the first time... not to mention that PN's mother didn't drink tonight... I gave her tons of praise as I know she was struggling. She seems to think that she is not as good as other female relatives in the family. I reminded her of the support she gave us and continues to give us. I know she talked to bro ahead of time and that they were well versed on the dynamic our tribe has. Thanks to her, we are confident and feel loved, regardless of how much they get it. That to me makes her an amazing woman and she should feel very confident that she is awesome.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Amazing indeed!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Much sucess in Mono meeting PN's younger brother for the first time... not to mention that PN's mother didn't drink tonight... I gave her tons of praise as I know she was struggling. She seems to think that she is not as good as other female relatives in the family. I reminded her of the support she gave us and continues to give us. I know she talked to bro ahead of time and that they were well versed on the dynamic our tribe has. Thanks to her, we are confident and feel loved, regardless of how much they get it. That to me makes her an amazing woman and she should feel very confident that she is awesome.
That is wonderful!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 AM

Family acceptance is an area I feel we have triumphed in. Not much else to say

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-30-2010, 06:49 AM

I believe the last few days have deepened the connection I have with Redpepper's parents. Today we had a good talk when RP was out with her friend. We talked about my past, the experiences I have had and I must admit working with her dad around the cottage is both enjoyable and sad; he respects hard work just as my dad does and it reminded me of working with my own father. Her parents are more and more a part of my life and I find myself developing a greater sense of responsibility for their welfare...in a good way

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I believe the last few days have deepened the connection I have with Redpepper's parents. Today we had a good talk when RP was out with her friend. We talked about my past, the experiences I have had and I must admit working with her dad around the cottage is both enjoyable and sad; he respects hard work just as my dad does and it reminded me of working with my own father. Her parents are more and more a part of my life and I find myself developing a greater sense of responsibility for their welfare...in a good way
you won over J (my ex wife)too... she doesn't have the best role models of men in her life and she is enthralled and intrigued about why I love you.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Derby threw a great New Years party with lots of diverse friends and totally cheesy 90's music! I got to get to know some new people on a human level as opposed to judging them on what they do in the bedroom and feel really good about actively reaching out to them.

Geminigirl was there as well (looking mighty fine) and there were lots of people from our community and other social circles.

The thing I really noticed this time for me was just how non-relationship dynamic the night was. Because we were in a group of accepting people from poly, and mono people, there was no great interest in how all of us lived. We just had fun.
Because I was so relaxed and safe in this environment, I may have overindulged, and over danced but it was a fantastic night that brought the community together

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Did you overindulge? I didn't notice... C and I just commented that you were dancin' mighty fine, hee!

Aw, thanks, btw.. I was feeling (uncharacteristically) overwhelmed New Year's Eve by the large party, so it was good to have you and RP and Derby and and a few other special people there. So happy to be able to start a new year with so many good friends!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
I didn't notice... C and I just commented that you were dancin' mighty fine, hee!

Aw, thanks, btw.. I was feeling (uncharacteristically) overwhelmed New Year's Eve by the large party, so it was good to have you and RP and Derby and and a few other special people there. So happy to be able to start a new year with so many good friends!
Mighty fine is not quite the words I would use to describe the way my body moves with music and alcohol but thanks

A lot of those good friends would have never met if it wasn't for the community building initiatives you started, Geminigirl. We always keep that in mind

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee