Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #941  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Indigomontoya's Avatar
Indigomontoya Indigomontoya is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
There is happiness in this post through sharing and awareness..and that's why it belongs here
sharing and awareness is always good.
__________________
Polyamory is wrong! It's Multiamory or Polyphilia. Mixing Greek and Latin roots? That's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 12-25-2010, 08:42 AM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,723
Default

Much sucess in Mono meeting PN's younger brother for the first time... not to mention that PN's mother didn't drink tonight... I gave her tons of praise as I know she was struggling. She seems to think that she is not as good as other female relatives in the family. I reminded her of the support she gave us and continues to give us. I know she talked to bro ahead of time and that they were well versed on the dynamic our tribe has. Thanks to her, we are confident and feel loved, regardless of how much they get it. That to me makes her an amazing woman and she should feel very confident that she is awesome.
__________________
Anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Send me your name via PM
My blog
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 12-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Breathesgirl's Avatar
Breathesgirl Breathesgirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 833
Default

Amazing indeed!
__________________
There are as many ways to do polyamory as there are people practicing it!
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 12-26-2010, 02:12 AM
TruckerPete TruckerPete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Much sucess in Mono meeting PN's younger brother for the first time... not to mention that PN's mother didn't drink tonight... I gave her tons of praise as I know she was struggling. She seems to think that she is not as good as other female relatives in the family. I reminded her of the support she gave us and continues to give us. I know she talked to bro ahead of time and that they were well versed on the dynamic our tribe has. Thanks to her, we are confident and feel loved, regardless of how much they get it. That to me makes her an amazing woman and she should feel very confident that she is awesome.
That is wonderful!
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Family acceptance is an area I feel we have triumphed in. Not much else to say
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 12-30-2010, 06:49 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

I believe the last few days have deepened the connection I have with Redpepper's parents. Today we had a good talk when RP was out with her friend. We talked about my past, the experiences I have had and I must admit working with her dad around the cottage is both enjoyable and sad; he respects hard work just as my dad does and it reminded me of working with my own father. Her parents are more and more a part of my life and I find myself developing a greater sense of responsibility for their welfare...in a good way
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 AM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I believe the last few days have deepened the connection I have with Redpepper's parents. Today we had a good talk when RP was out with her friend. We talked about my past, the experiences I have had and I must admit working with her dad around the cottage is both enjoyable and sad; he respects hard work just as my dad does and it reminded me of working with my own father. Her parents are more and more a part of my life and I find myself developing a greater sense of responsibility for their welfare...in a good way
you won over J (my ex wife)too... she doesn't have the best role models of men in her life and she is enthralled and intrigued about why I love you.
__________________
Anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Send me your name via PM
My blog
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Derby threw a great New Years party with lots of diverse friends and totally cheesy 90's music! I got to get to know some new people on a human level as opposed to judging them on what they do in the bedroom and feel really good about actively reaching out to them.

Geminigirl was there as well (looking mighty fine) and there were lots of people from our community and other social circles.

The thing I really noticed this time for me was just how non-relationship dynamic the night was. Because we were in a group of accepting people from poly, and mono people, there was no great interest in how all of us lived. We just had fun.
Because I was so relaxed and safe in this environment, I may have overindulged, and over danced but it was a fantastic night that brought the community together
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
geminigirl's Avatar
geminigirl geminigirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 111
Default

Did you overindulge? I didn't notice... C and I just commented that you were dancin' mighty fine, hee!

Aw, thanks, btw.. I was feeling (uncharacteristically) overwhelmed New Year's Eve by the large party, so it was good to have you and RP and Derby and and a few other special people there. So happy to be able to start a new year with so many good friends!
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
I didn't notice... C and I just commented that you were dancin' mighty fine, hee!

Aw, thanks, btw.. I was feeling (uncharacteristically) overwhelmed New Year's Eve by the large party, so it was good to have you and RP and Derby and and a few other special people there. So happy to be able to start a new year with so many good friends!
Mighty fine is not quite the words I would use to describe the way my body moves with music and alcohol but thanks

A lot of those good friends would have never met if it wasn't for the community building initiatives you started, Geminigirl. We always keep that in mind
__________________

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 AM.