Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 08:22 AM

We had a good night tonight. Redpepper, Polynerdist and I went to RP's office Xmas dinner and gift exchange. Her co-workers have come to see us as a true family and there is no awkwardness in it for me. It's not that often that we all get to go out together as one of us is usually hanging with their son LB.
This weekend we will get another chance as we are attending two parties all together. This time we will end up with old neighbors of mine who although know PN, have not seen him much. Should be fun and interesting! Oh yeah..and then there is a party at Derby's for New Years...and this time their kissing will be just fine

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-17-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
We had a good night tonight. Redpepper, Polynerdist and I went to RP's office Xmas dinner and gift exchange. Her co-workers have come to see us as a true family and there is no awkwardness in it for me. It's not that often that we all get to go out together as one of us is usually hanging with their son LB.
This weekend we will get another chance as we are attending two parties all together. This time we will end up with old neighbors of mine who although know PN, have not seen him much. Should be fun and interesting! Oh yeah..and then there is a party at Derby's for New Years...and this time their kissing will be just fine
Just a thought but if you're all wanting to go out together more oftem to visit your old neighbours LB is more than welcome to hang out here while you're there since it's close.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Just a thought but if you're all wanting to go out together more oftem to visit your old neighbours LB is more than welcome to hang out here while you're there since it's close.
Thanks Derby

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 PM

Default It's the little things ...

Mr. A was holding my hand when he noticed my wedding band was crooked. His rotated it upright and smiled at me.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Mr. A was holding my hand when he noticed my wedding band was crooked. His rotated it upright and smiled at me.
THAT ...is tres cool.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
THAT ...is tres cool.
*blushes*
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 AM

I had a great day helping PN paint his and RP's room while she enjoyed a day of catching up with the forum Redpepper got us motivated and we worked well as a team to get the room completely painted before they headed off for a date. I'm sitting here listening to their son tell me all about his trip with his grand parents this weekend. Three adults working together to run a household and make time for each couple definitely has it's advantages. It's great to bond with PN and work together...we make a good team, which makes me think about other team efforts we've enjoyed with RP

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I had a great day helping PN paint his and RP's room while she enjoyed a day of catching up with the forum Redpepper got us motivated and we worked well as a team to get the room completely painted before they headed off for a date. I'm sitting here listening to their son tell me all about his trip with his grand parents this weekend. Three adults working together to run a household and make time for each couple definitely has it's advantages. It's great to bond with PN and work together...we make a good team, which makes me think about other team efforts we've enjoyed with RP
I love this, Mono. You all give me hope. I imagine there will be much accomplished through this sort of teamwork in the future around here.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:29 PM

sounds like you guys are on the right path for it my friend

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 12-20-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm feeling grounded and closer to RP than ever. We had a great talk a couple of nights ago. We aknowledged some things about our relationship regarding the compromises we make to be together. We spoke of them clearly and accept the fact that we don't know what the future holds for us sometimes. I worry about her health in being with me and I worry about my health in feeling like I suppress her. We talked about the pasture I see her in. Yes it's a great pasture with lots of wonderful things and it is a pretty big pasture when you compare it to some different approaches to love. It does however have a fence and one that she can see over. There are wonderful things out there as well; experiences and people available to explore. All the things in her pasture are caring and committed and some much more willing and able to see her wander outside for a while or invite someone or something else in. I am in her pasture as well but have a subconscious eye on the edges. I'm not so willing and able to see her wander and explore..this saddens me and I sometimes feel drained because I feel as though my constant vigil wears on me. That is where my health becomes a concern. I sometimes feel as though I have my shoulder against the fence, reinforcing it with my weight. I see her retreating in sadness, glossy eyes of the mare who has been fenced in.

She knows that I consider our relationship and our family a success. She also knows that I won't really consider ourselves a "poly" success unless I can open myself up to her having other men enter her life in an intimate way. I told her I don't see a path to that...not one that actually makes me internally happy and healthy or brings me closer to her as an intimate partner.
Once again we find this unique arrangement of her marriage, my experiences and the overwhelming love we have overcoming struggle to bring us closer.

Perhaps one day she will find something that makes it worth going down an alternate path, perhaps one day I will change. Until such time we will keep loving each other, growing and supporting each other. Regardless we will always be family. She is not just the most passionate person I have met but she is the most trusted and accepting friend I have ever had. Even when we struggle we turn to each other for support...isn't that what best friends do?

There is happiness in this post through sharing and awareness..and that's why it belongs here

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee