Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Haha! No Derby I actually get weirded out even if someone I know looks at me with true flirty energy LOL! You are right TP, there is a total freedom and power in being so mono. I can joke and flirt with complete comfort. I guess it could be considered cruel LOL! People know they have no chance and that I willingly belong to Redpepper body and heart. I think there is a little bit of a draw to people who aren't hunting or looking for dates. It's very easy for me to chat with woman because I am completely satisfied and therefore don't project any desirous intentions. There is something to the idea that it is easier for a marriedd guy to pick up. They just don't normally project a hopeful energy which is sometimes seen as desperation or trying too hard.
I definitely have flirty energy in person, and usually mean what I say (to some degree) when it comes to those things. So, I suppose I actually am respecting your boundaries! (Although, if disrespecting you gets me a flogging from RP ... )

For someone with a different flirting style, I see how you would be a true gem and total safe haven. I'd probably just set your teeth on edge!

Ah, always love figuring new things out.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
I definitely have flirty energy in person, and usually mean what I say (to some degree) when it comes to those things. So, I suppose I actually am respecting your boundaries! (Although, if disrespecting you gets me a flogging from RP ... )

For someone with a different flirting style, I see how you would be a true gem and total safe haven. I'd probably just set your teeth on edge!

Ah, always love figuring new things out.
I'd be ok

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 PM

You should see him when we get groceries... he flirts relentlessly with the cashiers and then tries to tell me he doesn't... I just sit back and enjoy. It is incredibly endearing because he likes to make people feel like they are special by flirting and being up beat.

Flirt back though and he gets all coy and apprehensive, almost like he can give others the gift of making them feel good but he won't receive it because they are coming on too strong. I tried to explain that some women (like me) would not take kindly to his flirting for the same reason. I don't trust men that flirt like he does... or didn't until I witnessed him. I feel like they are wasting their time and find it degrading somehow. Depending on what the interaction is of course. Now I see it in a different way and perhaps Mono does too?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Flirt back though and he gets all coy and apprehensive, almost like he can give others the gift of making them feel good but he won't receive it because they are coming on too strong. I tried to explain that some women (like me) would not take kindly to his flirting for the same reason. I don't trust men that flirt like he does... or didn't until I witnessed him. I feel like they are wasting their time and find it degrading somehow. Depending on what the interaction is of course. Now I see it in a different way and perhaps Mono does too?
There are very different ways of flirting. Most of the time I can tell the difference between the friendly type flirting that Mono does and the desperation flirting that I come across from time to time.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 PM

I think this warrants its own thread if Mono agrees... good topic!

There are different ways... when I am not attracted to someone I see it as desperation. Otherwise I am just as flirty back. Mono is a handsome man, I am sure a lot of women find him so and love his attention, and take it as a boost to their day, but some would be like me and not find it attractive or comfortable at all. This is what I was trying to portray to him...

Witnessing him has made me think about this as a way to figure out how I feel about it. We had a discussion once about how he felt about my flirting and that is where it started me thinking. He was uncomfortable at the time with me flirting because I am poly and he thought it meant something different than when he flirts. I think that is all behind us now...?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
There are different ways... when I am not attracted to someone I see it as desperation. Otherwise I am just as flirty back. Mono is a handsome man, I am sure a lot of women find him so and love his attention, and take it as a boost to their day, but some would be like me and not find it attractive or comfortable at all. This is what I was trying to portray to him...
I haven't thought a lot about this (agree it deserves it's own thread), but I easily flirt with men I'm comfortable around and will feed off of their flirting back. Then there are people who flirt with me and it just creeps me out. I doubt they even mean much by it, maybe they are trying too hard or maybe they do mean something. I can't even say it's about how long I've known someone, because I have been ok flirting or being flirted with people I've just met, but I guess it is definitely about my own comfort level and if I feel threatened or not.

If a salesmen tries to flirt, I'm so gone. VERY creepy.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You should see him when we get groceries... he flirts relentlessly with the cashiers and then tries to tell me he doesn't... I just sit back and enjoy. It is incredibly endearing because he likes to make people feel like they are special by flirting and being up beat.
This is so my husband and his dad (God help us when they're together ). Waitresses are their favorites. Their favorite thing to do is to make rings out of dollar bills and present it to the waitress at the end of a meal. We have had to sit around an extra 15 minutes just so they could finish the stupid ring. For some reason it always made me uncomfortable (I'm used to it now), but the waitresses would always get a big kick out of it.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 PM

I don't flirt! I'm nice to people You flirt..give them hope

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Just to clarify..I actually don't see how I interact with any cashiers as flirting. Seriously, it's like just talking to people is flirting....jeesh.

Now Redpepper can flirt! She puts her fingertips in her pockets and swings back and forth with her eyes all alight...very cute and defintiely flirting LOL! And no..I still don't like seeing it but I know it's harmless

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-06-2010, 02:08 AM

THAT is so MACA!!!
He's a TOTAL flirt-and he swears he isn't.

It doesn't bother me, I find it endearing-but it makes me crazy that he can't see it.

GG flirts in the confidence of knowing it's not going anywhere like you mentioned also Mon. He knows he's not interested and isn't ever going to be, so he feels confident enough to flirt. Outrageously sometimes.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee