Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 10:54 PM

Thanks to B my wife made it through TWO WEEKS of her parents coming to visit. I know it doesn't sound like much but believe me, it is a miracle. Now that is a polyamorous success story if there ever was one!

A more conventional success story? The three of us have fallen hopelessly madly in love with each other...almost no such thing as a bad day any more. Words can't describe how happy the three of us are...
Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 AM

I love my Lilo And she loves me

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Last night Redpepper and Derbylicious arranged and prepared a great evening with an all British theme. We ate lots of unhealthy food and tonnes of dessert/candy. There were about 12 people in total who visited and the diversity in the room was as always amazing and heart warming. There was Redpepper with her three partners, another friend with her two men, GiminiGirl and HonestHeart from the forums, a woman who used to be an active swinger, a lesbian couple and of course Redpepper's son until bedtime LOL!

It was warm and inviting, RP and Derby out did themselves and everyone enjoyed conversations that fluctuated between light to pretty deep.

Friends and family coming together in such a positve way is always a story of success and happiness for me

I think Redpepper will be happy to get me downstairs just so she can offer her hide-a-bed to other people who could use a night over stay....Derby ....although we could have shared, I'm pretty safe

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post

I think Redpepper will be happy to get me downstairs just so she can offer her hide-a-bed to other people who could use a night over stay....Derby ....although we could have shared, I'm pretty safe
The sitter would have kicked my ass if I didn't go home though. Although it would be funny to tell everyone we slept together
Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
The sitter would have kicked my ass if I didn't go home though. Although it would be funny to tell everyone we slept together
That would shatter the universal mono stream of reality!

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Last night Redpepper and Derbylicious arranged and prepared a great evening with an all British theme. We ate lots of unhealthy food and tonnes of dessert/candy. There were about 12 people in total who visited and the diversity in the room was as always amazing and heart warming. There was Redpepper with her three partners, another friend with her two men, GiminiGirl and HonestHeart from the forums, a woman who used to be an active swinger, a lesbian couple and of course Redpepper's son until bedtime LOL!

It was warm and inviting, RP and Derby out did themselves and everyone enjoyed conversations that fluctuated between light to pretty deep.

Friends and family coming together in such a positve way is always a story of success and happiness for me

Congratulations on such a successful evening!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:08 PM

Feeling anything but happy and empowered today .

I hate feeling helpless & powerless to change a situation that MUST be changed. It has nothing to do with poly or even family & everything to do with a situation at work which has taken away my ability to be happy and healthy--mostly because I'm stressing over it which is starting to head down the road to depression & whether I'm stressing or not it's not healthy for ME.

I'm working on getting the situation resolved in as amicable way as possible & am just really frustrated because I have to work around everyone else's work schedule which I have to bend over backwards in order to do--no one works around my schedule, I have to work around theirs.

I'm also working on happy thoughts & heading off the depression before I have to take it to the doctor. I shouldn't have to depend on pills to be happy when a simple change in shifts would accomplish the same thing. I don't want to, but if I have to I will, get a doctor's note stating that I need to stay on days because it will totally mess things up if it's a choice between changing shifts or being laid off.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this into a drama, I'm just fed up & sick & tired of being sick and tired.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 PM

Amazing week.

Am I the only woman logged in right now or what?????

You know that I am going to be so much happier when we live closer to you guys right?
It sucks being stuck in this damn freezing state when the most awesome people I know are too far away to run over and hang with on the weekend!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Amazing week.

Am I the only woman logged in right now or what?????

You know that I am going to be so much happier when we live closer to you guys right?
It sucks being stuck in this damn freezing state when the most awesome people I know are too far away to run over and hang with on the weekend!
awww shucks...

You still planning on a fall trip to beautiful bc?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 AM

Fall is passing by way too quickly-but I'm still hoping.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee