Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjast View Post
I`ve learned in the last 9 days;
How fantastic possibilities can be, when they come to fruction. How very beautiful things are, when relationships are really meant to exsist. How lovely it feels, to naturally trust someone.
I`ve also learned, the power that comes from communication; that is not a result of force, or persuassion, but coming from a natural place of like-minds.

I`ve marveled over the never-ending, unconditional love, I feel in my marriage to my husband. How lovely it is to see him enjoying, learning, and engaging himself in the process.

I`ve also had my soul awakened and stretched. Feeling the intensity and raw power of new love grow and get heady with the zipper of completion. Something that my boyfriend Ariakas and I, both really needed.

The warmth, awe, and respect I feel for his lovely wife Pengrah, is also a another fascinating aspect. What a doll she is ! I truly enjoyed her company and humour.

I`ve learned, and I am hungry to learn more. I look forward to the challenges of opening my mind with regards to being 'out'. Or,informing our children, (if and when)....in a age-appropriate manner one day.

Yeah,..life isn`t to shabby right now.
Happy thoughts. Teared up a bit. Good for you! And Ari and Pengrah and your hubs! REALLY HAPPY!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
How fantastic possibilities can be, when they come to fruction. How very beautiful things are, when relationships are really meant to exsist. How lovely it feels, to naturally trust someone.
I`ve also learned, the power that comes from communication; that is not a result of force, or persuassion, but coming from a natural place of like-minds.

I`ve marveled over the never-ending, unconditional love, I feel in my marriage to my husband. How lovely it is to see him enjoying, learning, and engaging himself in the process.

I`ve also had my soul awakened and stretched. Feeling the intensity and raw power of new love grow and get heady with the zipper of completion. Something that my boyfriend Ariakas and I, both really needed.

The warmth, awe, and respect I feel for his lovely wife Pengrah, is also a another fascinating aspect. What a doll she is ! I truly enjoyed her company and humour.

I`ve learned, and I am hungry to learn more. I look forward to the challenges of opening my mind with regards to being 'out'. Or,informing our children, (if and when)....in a age-appropriate manner one day.

*grinning for you!!*
Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:

I really couldn't have said it any better. It captures a lot of my thoughts and feelings about how this is going. Not that that is surprising, we have very similar thought processes.

I learned a lot myself. Things that were counter to what I had always believed. Besides falling in love with you, I fell in love with your kids. I think a switch has been flicked and I really felt joy to be around kids. My legs still hurt from playing football with the boys ...

I took away more patience and want to build this as far as it will go. Its truly amazing to watch our spouses go through some of the more interesting aspects of being poly spouses while you and I can sit there and analyze. I guess thats what this last bunch of months has done for us, shown as a lot of good and bad examples and that in and of itself will help us build a strong relationship with each other ...

So much learned and so much more to learn. Only thing I regret is the distance ...

Love ya sweety
Old 09-23-2010, 05:59 PM

I came out to my Dad today. And it wasn't a disaster. It was pretty much what I'd expected. He's processing and will get back to me.

Frankly, I'm willing to class this "not a failure" as a success.

I feel like my life has rotated 90 degrees on some axis I didn't even know existed until now.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post

There is so much freedom in being out to those you interact with routinely and care about...very happy for you

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
There is so much freedom in being out to those you interact with routinely and care about...very happy for you
Pssssst! GO READ THE BLOG!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
I came out to my Dad today. And it wasn't a disaster. It was pretty much what I'd expected. He's processing and will get back to me.

I feel like my life has rotated 90 degrees on some axis I didn't even know existed until now.
Not a failure is always a good thing!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeb1958 View Post
Not a failure is always a good thing!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Thank you!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 PM

I kinda feel lucky in that regard. I don't care what my mother and step-father think of me, so I don't bother hiding anything from them. Mo's mother and father pretty much know she's bi, although the poly thing hasn't been approached yet...

as far as my dad and step mom go, well.... my dad and I are so much alike, I kinda expect him to laugh and ask what took me so long.

So yeah, While I can't really emphathise with you, I ca still be happy for you, and happy for me for being lucky.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
I kinda feel lucky in that regard. I don't care what my mother and step-father think of me, so I don't bother hiding anything from them. Mo's mother and father pretty much know she's bi, although the poly thing hasn't been approached yet...

as far as my dad and step mom go, well.... my dad and I are so much alike, I kinda expect him to laugh and ask what took me so long.

So yeah, While I can't really emphathise with you, I ca still be happy for you, and happy for me for being lucky.
Oh that's awesome!

I think it's a sex thing with my dad. He got a bigger sex talk from me when he started dating than I ever got from him and mother! (Which was nothing.)

"Dad, no matter what they say, they can STILL GET PREGNANT. So wrap it up!!"

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee