Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 AM

The year is filled with anniversaries for me; with the up coming weekend there is no difference.

I married my dear Nerdist 9 years ago this up coming weekend. We stood in a field in a cast circle with the ocean lapping the beach beyond. My beautiful green and yellow dress, flowers from ours and others gardens in hand I walked with him; pledging that we love like no others; loved as much as we could of everyone. We began our poly journey that day.

They say that marriages can be determined by the wedding, well ours was quite the event. It rained on our camping wedding the entire weekend and the sun only shones the 2 hours of the ceremony. Sparkley rainbows filled the sky. We were all soaked, all 60 guests. We had brought everything to the ocean site by moving truck; chairs, giant tent, tables, decorations. The next day after a feast and dancing we realized we had asked no one for help to bring it back to the city. So for our honey moon we worked our asses off packing, cleaning, loading, unloading. We have been working hard ever since!

This weekend marks 2 years having left home for Mono. Shocked, horrified, defeated, completely at the bottom of a pit, he spent nights in his truck, unsure what was in store for him. He was just down the street from me the whole time while Nerdist and I spent another wedding anniversary together. It would be another six months before we met and feel in love.
Oh how I love my men. I can't tell you how good it feels to feel as if I finally have the life that works for me. Yes I know changes will come and I don't know what they will bring, but considering I thought life was good last year, this year is better. If I keep giving and asking for what I need, all will be provided wishing no harm to others and in the best interest of all.

Here's to another anniversary. *clink*
Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 PM

My mom has just gone home from a whirlwind visit out this way. On Saturday evening Redpepper and Mono came over for a while to visit before heading out to a dinner party. My mom really enjoyed their company which means a lot to me. I learnt a long time ago that if your family likes the people you are involved with it usually means that you are a good fit. It was a big step for me to have them meet though (even though my mom isn't aware that Redpepper is my girlfriend), I knew that there would be questions and I just decided to answer them honestly.

What she asked me was how we met and I told her that we met through a relationship discussion group and then she wanted to know if Mono was Redpepper's son's father to which I answered no, that Redpepper and Mono had just been together a year and a half. If there were any other questions I would have answered them honestly. My thought is that I don't want to hide and that people see what they want to and that they will ask the questions when they are ready to know. I don't want to lie to my family when I'm so honest with the other people who I love in my life.

-Derby
Old 07-27-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I don't want to lie to my family when I'm so honest with the other people who I love in my life.

-Derby
That is why I wanted to come out to my family. They were asking the right questions which meant I had to lie or just be honest. Luckily your Mom didn't ask the right ones!!

Nice post Derby

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 AM

Get your tents and get over here! It's camping time!!

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 PM

Default Great Poly camp!

Well we just got back from camping and it was a great weekend for the most part Last night most of us slept in the field on our mattresses after watching meteors and satellites zip across the sky. The owls did their best to keep us up but eventually we all drifted off. Pics on my profile.

Things just get more and more comfortable for this mono wired guy in a community that is as accepting of my natural way of loving as I am of theirs.
Hope everyone had a great weekend too

Peace and love
Mono

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 08-03-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 AM

Default One year of being poly :)

This past weekend marked one year with my wonderful boyfriend <3
It's been an incredible year, full of so many experiences and so much happiness. I know that my ability to make it through all my confusion and doubts would have been severely compromised had it not been for all the lovely people on this forum, supporting me through all my questions and venting.

To many more years, and thank you so much everyone!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post

To many more years, and thank you so much everyone!
To many more years indeed Thanks for sharing..More, MOre, MORE positivity!!

We have got to meet one of these days

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 AM

Default Metamour appreciation

Polynerdist and I got to have a good chat over coffee tonight. We have a special bond that goes beyond Redpepper. Our friendship has grown over the last 19 months into a brotherly connection for me. I got to tell him that I worry about him and his relationship with Redpepper sometimes and that I care about him individually. His happiness and health really are a priority of mine. I have a similar type of concern for Derbylicious and Redpepper's other loves in different degrees.

I'm on a big "damn I'm lucky" kick with my metamours right now. Compersion at it's finest

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Default Starting out well

I asked my mono BF, Mr. A, last night if he had any other questions about poly. We've been dating just over a month, and we talked about it a lot at the beginning, but not as much since.

His reply? "No. It seems pretty straightforward. Everyone is treated fairly."

To read that doesn't come close to expressing the way it was said. It was definitely a melting moment.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post

I'm on a big "damn I'm lucky" kick with my metamours right now. Compersion at it's finest
I got a giggle out of this! Mono with metamours! I'm guessing you've come a long way!

Sitting here waiting for Possibility to arrive is driving me nuts!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee