Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 AM

Nerdist and I moved Nerdist and my old mattress from our bed out onto the lawn the other day and put a "free" sign on it. The thing was huge and awkward, but I was determined that we would do it and do it before Nerdist had to leave for a dinner date. Nerdist was all dressed up and I was in my shorty pj shorts and rather revealing tank top. I don't normally dress like that out in public, as it is never hot enough here to get used to that, so I felt rather exposed.

Mono had propped it up against the house for us before he left and he made it look so easy. He is far stronger than Nerdist or I. So we began tackling the thing and kept dropping it, not being able to get a grip and falling all over the place. Both Nerdist and I were getting irritated and bickered back and forth about how we thought the other should do it and how much time he had.

At some point it became hilariously funny as neither of us could manage to move the stupid thing! It really just wasn't working to pull it all over and fight about how to navigate it to the front lawn... we began laughing...

Eventually we got it there. By then we had dropped it on the flower beds, had fallen on it, tripped, yelled at each other and were laughing in hysterics! It was like a comedy! Me half naked and him all dressed up... hahaha! Of course everyone on the street was walking their dogs at that time of night too! Or so it seemed anyways. ha, funny.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 PM

The highlight of my week has been taking Possibility driving *groan*. He's not bad at it, really, I just get nervous when it's someone OTHER than me behind the wheel. Why was it a highlight instead of a lowlight? I got to see Possibility AND the car is airconditioned! If we could just get rid of this humidity........

I go around in PJ shorts & tank quite a bit actually.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 AM

Hey breathes, it is usually cold here! Due to wind off the ocean. A cold current runs in the straight between the island and the mainland. In fact, it actually was not warm enough to wear pj shorts and a tank top. It would be seen like you wearing a spring/fall jacket when everyone is sweltering with the heat. Okay, nerdist wore his winter coat all year round until I bought him a spring/fall jacket. As it is, he still wears a hoody underneath! Hope that gives more perspective
Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 PM

I've been to BC once, for expo '86. For some reason I can't remember the weather there other than it was a lot more comfortable than California & Washington were, lol.

Breathes ALWAYS wears a leather jacket. He claims it's his version of a purse, lol. He works in a kitchen so his going from that to the outside is equivalent to one of us going from the a nice comfortable apartment to -10, lol & since he catches pretty much everything going around it's his way of trying to avoid the colds & stuff. It drives the rest of us totally nutty though since the temps have been in the high 20's and low 30's, plus humidex, and he's out there in a COAT!

I just got in from dropping him off at work & it's already in the low 20's & I'm in shorts & tank, lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 AM

Had a great trip over to local island to help Redpepper's parent's move into a summer cottage/home. They are finally starting to realize that I am here to help them as well as Redpepper's family. Things are getting better and better

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Had a great trip over to local island to help Redpepper's parent's move into a summer cottage/home. They are finally starting to realize that I am here to help them as well as Redpepper's family. Things are getting better and better
I'm glad to hear it. I saw the picture you posted of the place yesterday and last night I had a dream that I went there. Looks like a peaceful spot.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I'm glad to hear it. I saw the picture you posted of the place yesterday and last night I had a dream that I went there. Looks like a peaceful spot.
It is..although it brings up sadness for Redpepper. I bet we will all visit there one day. Maybe a day trip!

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-20-2010, 03:44 AM

I had a great talk with Redpepper today. It focussed on the idea of stability in relationships. The learning never stops it seems..I'm lucky to have such an intelligent partner in discovery as well as a gorgeous Lover

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I had a great talk with Redpepper today. It focussed on the idea of stability in relationships. The learning never stops it seems..I'm lucky to have such an intelligent partner in discovery as well as a gorgeous Lover
Where is the "like" button when you need it?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Where is the "like" button when you need it?
That'll work

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee