Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
Of course I will.

I keep waiting for the "dude - it's only been a couple of weeks, are you crazy?" posts, I know they should be coming, lol. :
This thread isn't about raining on people's parades...I'm sure you'll need an umbrella somewhere else

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 AM

Default Derbylicious

After work Redpepper and I got together for a chat before her evening with her girlfriend Derby. The talk turned to how I felt about Derby in our lives. She's not just in Redpepper's, she's in mine..that's how I roll

Last weekend at Poly camp Derby and I took the kids to the beach in the morning and sat in the sand drinking coffee. It simply felt good to be in her presence. She is a kind and caring person who, as Redpepper describes, is a breath of fresh air".

As Redpepper and I continued our talk, I found myself getting choked up at this new relationship for both of them. I wasn't sad or jealous, I was genuinely grateful that Derby is who she is. She is a warm and compassionate woman who values Redpepper's heart and trust the way I do I believe. I feel her good intentions and am happy they have each other. Derby has added to Redpepper's life and through Redpepper's connection with her I have added to my own.

In another couple of weeks we will be having another poly friendly camping weekend and Rolypoly will also be attending I am looking forward to all of us being together as friends and partners...

Peace and Love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 AM

M and I talked on the phone this evening and finished up bill planning for the month. It was nice to just "hang out" even if it was on the phone. We got the bills laid out together and I got laundry put away as well.
My sister and her husband took the kids for pizza at their place next door and my parents are asleep after babysitting for her earlier today. So it's kind of quiet and relaxing.
The sun is just setting.
I was going to go for a walk-over due for one since I missed yesterdays too.
But I decided to pop on here, say hello and then I think I'm going to go to bed early for some sweet dreams.

I wish I was going to be there as planned this next month! I hope I can make it to Victoria to visit before winter hits. Then maybe during the winter I can go to Whistler!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post

I wish I was going to be there as planned this next month! I hope I can make it to Victoria to visit before winter hits. Then maybe during the winter I can go to Whistler!
We'll be waiting Now go have those dreams!

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 AM

Had a really nice night with Derby. Caught up on some stuff we needed to talk about and stuff about other people in our lives that we needed to talk about also.. always the discussions and expression of feelings.

We held hands as we walked through a local market, had some thai food. Then went home for snuggling. I am honoured that Derby is in my life. Such a beautiful woman. We have so much to learn about each other and so much to come to. I am looking forward to it all and taking my time. Enjoying the journey.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:00 PM

I'm suddenly feeling like I have an awful lot to live up to!

On the other hand I really feel as though I have a place in this tribe/constellation. I'm having all kinds of emotions today (good ones) and I'm working on putting words to them.

-Derby
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I'm having all kinds of emotions today (good ones) and I'm working on putting words to them.

-Derby

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-17-2010, 02:05 AM

Adria moved in last night, kinda by accident. I already posted about it in "how are you doing", so I'll leave out the details here. But that which was planned for down the road happened because the opportunity was there, and everyone seems much happier and relaxed today, like a missing piece in our household has been found. Much happiness. On our way to our bi-weekly get-together with close friends, this isonly the 2nd time Adrian has met them. We love these get-togethers as these are our closest freinds and they know and for the most part "get" our situation and it's not awkward (aside from the one frequently drunk freind who ismadly in love with Violet and frequently invades my personal space to tell me how lucky I am, over and over) and the food is always good... *sigh* Looking forward toa great, relaxing night in the pool to cool off (it was 112 or roughly 45*c today) with some great people!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 AM

You can keep the 45+ degree weather! 30+ is bad enough! Especially with the humidex factored in & working in a factory where you wouldn't know the a/c was working if you weren't standing right under it, working around steam & the wind blowing the wrong direction!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:33 AM

Default Sharing Success and Happiness :)

We went to poly camp last weekend and did a couple of workshops. On sunday morning we started packing up before the second workshop as we wanted to be ready to go after it.

The workshop before us was on massage. Derby, having finished packing, went over to agree to be the one massaged for the demo. I watched from afar as the woman talked about stuff and then slowly moved Derby's towel down. Soon it was below her bum. I was jealous, pacing back and forth uncomfortably, not knowing what to do, confused that I would even be worried or concerned or hurt... what the heck? Nerdist and Mono were laughing at me...

I was getting more agitated as people were poking and proding her when up pops Derby's head from the back of the group and starts walking back over to us. My jaw dropped! It wasn't her at all, but some guy that had offered first. She came over looking all confused saying "what? what?" heehee, I felt like an idoit, but was relieved at the same time!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee