Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM

Hey. I'm going along. I get to start walking on the treadmill today (too icy to go outside to walk right now unless someone is with me). 15 minutes at a time and no running-but at least it's a start!
Before the surgery I was up to 1 mile running (sort of) at a time, took me 11 min. 47 sec.
Gotta start out slower for now.
Not that my previous time was fast!
But it was progress. I was walking (outside all different terrain) at a 13-14 minute mile pace for 8 miles. That was kick butt compared to where I was when I hit 216 lbs.
I'm down to 156 now. YIPPEE.
Tomorrow I go in to see the doctor so that they can check my incision. If it's all good then I can remove the bandage and they will remove the steri strips.
THAT would mean I can take a shower without trying to keep it dry AND I can also go to the swimming pool and start doing stretching exercises for my arms and shoulders and neck. No weight-just stretching exercises.
Mostly I personally am hoping I can start stretching my neck to try and relieve the sensation of someone having their hands wrapped around my throats.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I'm down to 156 now. YIPPEE. .
You go! That's awesome LR. I'm glad you are on the mend and healthy. Tell Maca I rode today...dry and sunny Heehee

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
You go! That's awesome LR. I'm glad you are on the mend and healthy. Tell Maca I rode today...dry and sunny Heehee
Will do!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 AM

Last night Redpepper and I attended a BDSM event. This was my second time going and I went collared and leashed as is my preference. This is about sending a clear signal for me. I am hers.

This night represented the culmination of many dynamics and was highly emotionally charged and challenging. We looked deep into our hearts on our anniversary and questioned our future which left us raw, her husband has a relationship that was moving toward consummation, her tersiary found a new partner and sub who was also going to the event, and she was going to Dom a friend of ours for the first time.
This morning was one of those days where you wake up and say "everything is still fine; we are all good".

Redpepper, Polynerdist and I got together for coffee to chat about our night and what we were feeling. It was rejuvenating and felt like a new birth...a new page in our story.

We all had a good night. It pushed us all and reminded us that we are a very fortunate chosen family.

Peace and Love
Mono

P.S.
Redpepper rocked as a Dom by the way! She stood out among the crowd, not just in the sound of her tools against my bare ass, but as a strong and confident presence. I don't know why she puts up with this vanilla cracker

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 01-11-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:27 AM

Last night I went to pick Redpepper up for the night as is the usual routine for us. Before leaving, Polynerdist and I spent an hour discussing topics ranging from the building blocks of relationships and why we have achieved the things we have in the last year to the origin of good and evil! We have a lot of similar thought patterns and some differing views that stimulate us both to explore new ideas. I feel we are truly more than friends or merely held together by our common link in Redpepper. There is a brotherly bond I feel towards him which only adds to my belief that no matter what hand life deals us we will all be a part of each others lives from here on in.

Redpepper and I attended a workshop on sex today. It was not on sexuality but actual hard core, no boundaries, raw sex talk and how to ask for what you wanted. There were about twenty people some of which we knew and others we did not. It was amazing to see how open people were just because we understood what the workshop was about and that we were in a safe environment to share.
There were exercises where you essentially walked up to a person in the room and asked for a very specific sexual act. The objective was to see how we felt in answering these questions with yes, no, maybe, and how about. At first we were asked to respond a certain way regardless of our real answer. Obviously this would have made my answer easy LOL - NO,NO,NO! Anyway, it pushed us a little and was somewhat liberating to just look at some one and say "want to go for a walk and eat each other". I know Redpepper enjoyed pushing her partners as well...she is soo naughty
We also did exercises with food where we could ask to be fead or feed people certain fruit. The energy built up in the room and it gave us a non-threatening environment to see how sharing this with other people made us feel.

We had a great time, learned some new stuff and re-enforced some old things.

After that we met Polynerdist at a gathering of his peers from a local interest group and all had supper. It was funny to have one woman tell Rdpepper that she had it all figured out when I said I would be taking their son home and babysitting so they could spend some time together and go have some fun! She didn't know exactly what our dynamic was and I wonder what her response would have been if she did!

Tonight I will sleep over with my chosen family, wake up and hang out with Redpepper and her son as Polynerdists sleeps in and then it's off for a visit with another chosen family in the evening.

Life really is pretty good in a lot of ways. This is in fact my life now
Thanks Redpepper and Polynerdist..I love you both
Peace and Love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 AM

Don't know how well I could handle that environment in my life NOW.
But its awesome reading it when you write it!

I was talking to Maca today and he shocked the crap out of me. For years I've been saying I REALLY want to go on vacation to a clothing optional resort. Today he told me he wants to actually PLAN that. My jaw dropped and I think I got wet.

Seriously though Mono-you three inspire me.
XO
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 AM

edit - cosmicgirl realised she was still logged in under farerys account
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 AM

after recently joining this forum (already in a poly realtionship with 2 ladies) I cant believe Ive been gripped on reading 28 pages of amazing posts.
Wow this is a real show that poly can and does work.

one of my gfs are mono and its been reasuring to see that mono can also work in a poly family. Its certainly left me with alot to think about.

Ive often searched for a model to base my own realtionship on, its been great to find such realtionship.

Wishing you all the luck in the future and congrats getting this far x
Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Mono, this sounds like some wonderful experiences. I am so glad that you have a dynamic which suits you so very well. You ehar so many horror stories of polymono relationships being just a lot of work and no joy - it's nice to see another positive example.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 01-17-2010, 02:49 PM

Thanks for sharing your latest Mono.....always great to hear how you are all doing. A great thing to see when people are willing to take chances like you all have, work hard and come out on the brighter side of things. I know all too well it's a tremendously hard journey and you three continue to set a great example for us all and a high bar for all of us to aspire to. Well done, frineds!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee