Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 AM

It seems I am making more headway with Redpepper's husband's parents. I just got off the phone with his "step dad" I guess you’d call him. I am watching Redepper's son Wednesday night so I am taking him to see the naval ship lighting competition in our neighbourhood. I remembered her husband's step dad mentioning he'd like to see them so now we are meeting to take their son together. Her husband's parents are inspirational. I'm looking forward to showing them a bit of my own history as I have sailed on most the ships down there.

Feeling great!
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Last night Redpepper and I decorated an Xmas tree she gave me. It marks the first Xmas with her as well as the first one in my new place. It's a milestone in our relationship as we aproach our 1 year anniverary. Last year I spent Xmas alone but very happy in my self discoveries on the other side of self destruction. This year will be a holiday season I never forget as I have experienced so much, changed more and shared more than I ever thought possible.
To still be with Redpepper and gaining chosen family is the greatest gift of all

Peace and Love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM

That's wonderful Mono.....I couldn't be happier for you, brother.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 PM

Thanks Mark! Hope you and yours are flourishing this season as well my friend. Take care!

Peace and love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-18-2009, 04:14 AM

Default Another step towards acceptance

After work I met Redpepper down town for her staff Secret Santa dinner. Her hubby was working so I filled "The Space Between"..heehee, inside joke. Most of her co-workers already know about our dynamic and have met me. Some of their spouses are less familiar with the whole thing. For a brief moment I felt a little out of place but then conversations began flowing and we all simply "were". I then left them to finish their meal to pick up her son from his school. The faculty there know me and I’m sure are curious. They see the relationship her son and I have.

He and I returned to the restaurant and we all sat as a family. He went between Redpepper’s knee and mine and her co-workers and spouses got to see the dynamic between us. Redpepper and I are more affectionate in front of him now and he just smiles in the manner of children. Everyone at that table undoubtedly has their own opinion and take of what we are all about but I think they all would have to agree that we are happy and healthy.

It was a good step forward in normalizing this type of dynamic to a group of people who will probably talk to other friends about us. This is my form of contributing to the acceptance of polyamory within society. Not through speeches and debates, but through setting an example..one that is visible, real, ongoing and once witnessed, hard to refute.

Thanks for inviting me Lilo...I love you more

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-22-2009, 03:22 PM

Sunday the chosen family and me joined people from the poly community for a family day of skating, swimming and pot-lucking! It was nice to see families get together and share a bit of stuff beyond the nature of relationships LOL! Everyone had a good time and friendships were deepened a little I think. We try to participate as much as possible especially when things are family orientated as it follows the path that we look for in our future. It's great to see other working examples of something we have and want to develope in the future.

Yesterday our family gathered by the ocean to watch the Winter Solstice sunrise which has become a tradition for Redpepper. We then sat in the car...(it was windy and somewhat rainy) and discussed what we were all going to try to actualize in the new year.

Now, Redpepper, her family and I are gearing up for our first Christmas together! We have decided to make this season about enjoying what makes us happy. What makes us happy is all being together with friends. Tonight Redpepper and I will do some baking for a Christmas Eve open house at their place where we will get to share some time with friends from all over.

It will be a much different Christmas for all of us I think...and her son is probably looking forward to an additional source of Christmas generosity LOL!!

Peace and Love
Mono

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-22-2009, 07:23 PM

That sounds awesome Mono!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:56 PM

You and your family are invited..get down here!

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
You and your family are invited..get down here!
Oh we'd love to-but this year is definitely a "no go". With the surgery coming up asap we're all a bit stressed out.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 PM

Well take care and know that this is a standing invitiation

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee