Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Sometimes it's hard to wrap our brains around things when things are going so right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQqAKAAkufE

Anyhow, welcome "unreal" blessings as best you can. They're "unbelievable"!

River's Blog
Old 09-04-2011, 04:39 PM

It does feel good, doesn`t it ? One of those things, you don`t realize was missing until you get it. I know I feel much more relaxed in the moment, knowing my husband and fwb`s are actual friends that hang out of their own accord.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM

Yes it's astonishingly great and such an unexpected feeling to experience, I just love it and this moment keeps repeating itself over and over again . They are great!

My Blog
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Yes, I had the same experience, too. The first time they met, they both knew I was nervous. I made a bee line to get out of the house and they kept on chatting and even closed the door on me. It was funny.

The first time Mr. A was over for dinner, this is what happened: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showp...09&postcount=5

Again, I'm a big fan of the anticlimactic poly meetings!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Default the simple signs of acceptance

Since my suite flooded I have been basically living in the same space as RP and PN. They are wonderful and have really done a lot to make sure that I am comfrotable and getting space. It's tricky for all of us as we all need our privacy but we are working as a family to make it through.

Redpepper's Mom and Dad both extended an offer for me to live in thier suite until my place is fixed up. The genuine concern they have shown me is heart warming and a solid reminder that they have welcomed me into the family.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Since my suite flooded I have been basically living in the same space as RP and PN. They are wonderful and have really done a lot to make sure that I am comfrotable and getting space. It's tricky for all of us as we all need our privacy but we are working as a family to make it through.

Redpepper's Mom and Dad both extended an offer for me to live in thier suite until my place is fixed up. The genuine concern they have shown me is heart warming and a solid reminder that they have welcomed me into the family.
I've been wondering how that's working for you. Glad to hear it is!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 PM

glad to hear you've been accepted by the family, mono! I can't imagine how awesome that must feel!
As an update, my boyfriend and husband actually like each other now. They talk like they're old friends or something. It's so...strange to me. I had never considered a structure quite like this in my exploration of poly, but I'm certainly not complaining!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannahope View Post
glad to hear you've been accepted by the family, mono! I can't imagine how awesome that must feel!
As an update, my boyfriend and husband actually like each other now. They talk like they're old friends or something. It's so...strange to me. I had never considered a structure quite like this in my exploration of poly, but I'm certainly not complaining!
Sounds great! I'm glad you are thriving and enjoying the change in their dynamic. It really can work and there are some great examples for metamour friendships on here for sure

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-26-2011, 05:22 AM

Default Family continuing to grow closer :)

We just got back from a weekend at RP's parent's cottage on a local island. The weekend was filled with group projects to make the vacation spot even more comfortable as well as create bonding moments. I spent a lot of time working one on one with her dad which was a lot of fun as well as brought us closer together I believe. He respects hard work but also likes to have a good conversation over a glass of wine or beer....two things I can really sink my teeth into!!

Everyone chipped in lots and RP's son had a blast learning about the graffiti superstar Banksy through a book and movie that he watched with his grand mother.

Next it is mine and RP's turn to go to the cottage alone for a birthday getaway. There was a time when we were forbidden to even go there....hard to imagine now

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Next it is mine and RP's turn to go to the cottage alone for a birthday getaway. There was a time when we were forbidden to even go there....hard to imagine now
I am so happy for you! I have dreams of this happening...congrats!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee