Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Official Greeter

Yay for rebuilt friendships!

I feel bad for asking, but ... is this trauma you spoke of something that a lot of people would know about? cause I'm really bad at following the news.

Anyway I'm glad your semi-ex was there for you in your time of need.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Yay for rebuilt friendships!

I feel bad for asking, but ... is this trauma you spoke of something that a lot of people would know about? cause I'm really bad at following the news.

Anyway I'm glad your semi-ex was there for you in your time of need.
It was on the news in Utah. I know it was covered in the Salt Lake Tribune. It relates to something that happened at Element Eleven, the Utah Regional Burning Man. I'm not sure if it hit national news. I've been avoiding following it in the news because I don't want to see pictures of what happened, since I didn't see what happened in person, since I was turned away from the fire when it happened.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Official Greeter

Okay, I've read up on it a little and have a basic idea of what happened. Pretty shocking and I can see how it would leave people traumatized afterwards. I hope you find your own peace about it as I do any others who were there.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 AM

Although my intro to poly has been super challenging and emotionally exhausting and sometimes feels impossible... I have had some really lovely moments lately.

My metamor (my boyfriend's wife) came up with a really cute nickname for me the other day. They have cute pet names for one another, and now there is one that they both call me and seems really special.

My boyfriend bought me a pair of earrings the other day (I have never gotten a piece of jewelry from a boyfriend before) and the second time I went to put them on I dropped one down my sink drain and I burst into tears. My metamor came over and fetched it out of the plumbing under the sink for me!

The other night when the bf stayed over and we FINALLY got a morning to sleep in together, my daughter came and crawled in bed with us and I was in the middle of the cuddle sandwich and it was the best feeling.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Official Greeter

Here's a small vignette: Brother-Husband and I watched two *really bad/cheezy* movies together yesterday on his second day off. (Snowbunny was away for several hours, so she missed out.) We'll be having fun making fun of those movies for some time into the future, I think.

I think the titles were, "Prison Women," and "Sharknado." (The only thing worse than a tornado is a tornado full of sharks! )
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM

It seems like I've come on here a lot to ask for advice or talk about things that I'm struggling with. I don't want to leave the impression that my relationship with Bud and Sweet Lady isn't a happy one. I've never been happier in my life than I've found myself to be the last few months. That happiness is because of Bud and Sweet Lady. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect union than I have with these two wonderful people.

Yes, emotions have come up that took me by surprise but it has never once made me question if what we are doing is right. Over the weekend Sweet Lady asked if she could take our girls to the pool. We let them go with her without a single doubt or need for discussion. This is HUGE for Bud and I. We have a very short list of people who are allowed to have our children without one of us present. Most of the family isn't even allowed to.

More about me here. Includes writings, artwork, music, Facebook page and blogs.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Here's a small vignette: Brother-Husband and I watched two *really bad/cheezy* movies together yesterday on his second day off. (Snowbunny was away for several hours, so she missed out.) We'll be having fun making fun of those movies for some time into the future, I think.

I think the titles were, "Prison Women," and "Sharknado." (The only thing worse than a tornado is a tornado full of sharks! )
There is a Sharknado 2 now, if you're interested. It's even cheesier.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Official Greeter

Cheesier? How's that even possible?
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 PM

Talking Open Happiness

Happy Wednesday!

After an amazing 2 yr journey our PolyFi Quad is now officially out to our families and close friends. It took us a while for all of us to agree that we need to share who we are but over time became more and more difficult to hold onto the secret.

We were convinced that the people who love us will always love us no matter what and... we were absolutely right! The news indeed shocked everyone but we were also greeted with jubilation that our situation is so ideal.

It's an amazing feeling being completely open about who you are with the people you love. Despite the sad "coming out" stories I have read on this forum we are proof that it can indeed work out perfectly.

~S
Old 09-20-2014, 07:28 PM

Anyone who reads my blog on here knows I've had ups and downs with this whole poly thing, because all involved are still kind of feeling their way through it.

But I'm fortunate to have three men who are not only okay with but fully supportive of the situation and of me. Communication with all three is completely open and honest, and all of them work with me to make sure everyone's comfortable. When I have bumps with one, if I feel like I can't talk to him, I can talk to the other two and they help me figure it out so I can address it with the one I need to address it with. And all of them keep me informed of how they're feeling and what they need, and if they have problems with me or the situation, so we can talk it out.

I'm feeling kinda emotional in a good way about that today, so I just wanted to share.
Best Friend: male, 38, platonic; the one who keeps me sane through all this!
My daughters: Alt (age 19) and Country (age 16)
S2's sons: Spikes (age 9) and Beads (age 6)

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee