Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Default Wife finally

Finally hooked up with the girl she's been chasing for months.

I couldn't be happier for her. Girls hot, good kisser, very much into most of what we're into, incredibly pleasant to be around, and frankly someone I enjoy sharing a conversation with.

No requested for advice as seems to be the trend here, I'm just damned happy the wife finally got her claws into someone worthwhile she's wanted for ages.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 AM

Default what makes it worthwhile to you?

searching through these posts I'm hardpressed to find a happy thread and I would definitely like to know your moments of polyamorous bliss. The lifestyle affirming moment/s that make it all worth the strife and struggle that comes with going against ingrained thoughts and ideals. And go!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 AM

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197 Check out this thread.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:01 AM

People don't tend to post when things are going well. I assure you that there are plenty of moments of polyamourous bliss for many of us on the forum.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM

It is not just some moments of bliss, it is a conteneous blissfully happy and fullfilling life as for as I am considered. i am a pat of a quad relationship.
Yes there r moments of doubt that is when we come here to learn about how to deal with it and learn by going through others experiences
Old 04-14-2012, 02:34 PM

What makes it worth it for me is knowing down to my core, that no matter what life throws at us, I am loved and supported. Runic Wolf and Wendigo are always there for me, always loving me through it. Now we've added in Loveleigh and her family and I want to make sure that she feels the same way.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Lots of happy moments to be found in people's posts from the last couple of months in the blogs section -- mine, Rory's, Mya's, Phy's, Redpepper's, Nyc's -- go check 'em out.

For me, it all comes down to being able to love who I love without having to kick one person out of my heart to make room for another.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM

It's not what I get out of it, it's what I have the opportunity to put it. One of my men is a serious introvert. It was very painful for me to try to love him in a mono way, because he just doesn't have the capacity to take/receive all that I have to give. The other one can take most of it, but in a mono way, I wasn't getting enough back to live on (so it's a little bit about what I get ~ can't live on nothing coming in, whether it's money or sex or food).

I saw redpepper once say 'I'm a relationship geek' and I think I am too.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 PM

We've been having the time of our lives so far. Lots of happy happy joy joy here. It's 90% awesome and happy and 10% grrrr

We're a new relationship though. I don't know if we will make it past say one or two years because our life paths may separate. But I'd take a year of yumminess in a poly relationship even if I knew it would have to end and then we'd have to love from a distance.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:52 PM

I'm someone who desperately needs the feeling of having possibilities, of going down new paths and exploring things. Poly offers the possibility of multiple partners in an ethical way, which is very important to me. I have the possibility of all these new options, structures, growth, learning. If I don't have the options of exploring, doing new things, I get very psychically trapped which is very bad for me and for people around me.

I have not yet managed to have multiple loving relationships at once so I don't consider myself as 'doing' poly yet but rather I have the potential to do so.

Poly as opening up new possibilties, even if I never actually have a poly relationship, is worthwhile for me. it helps keep that trapped feeling at bay.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee