Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
Sheila has had two "moderate" surgeries (each 3 hours) over the last two days and John has been here helping with everything. From making dinners to washing dishes, to helping her to the bathroom, he's been a huge help.

It's a huge weight off my shoulders not having to be completely responsible for taking care of her and everything else. Poly rocks.
I hope that your wife continues to heal!!!! And yes, Poly rocks!!!

I too am facing major surgery, and my ex-poly bf/best friend has offered to come for a weekend to cook/clean and care for the children, and DW's gf will be staying with them while we are in Baltimore.

We just spent the weekend with a friend I met at a poly weekend and all 4 of us felt like fast friends. My life has been enriched in ways I could never capture! We feel truly blessed!

Again, best wishes to you and your poly family as your wife heals!!
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 PM

I'm glad you have help in your time of need, bigguy! Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

I'm very proud/impressed with my husband. He has been talking to someone and is becoming close to her, but he is taking things slowly, and in stride. When I asked if he was going to date her he said "I have you to love; I like her, but if we remain close friends I'm okay with that." I'm not sure why, but I was just proud of his maturity in the situation. He was very frustrated with poly not too long ago, and this is growing/bonding moment for us.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Spaminator

Default Happy times

So just a few days ago I thought the fourple might break up. Long story, lots of talking and loving happened and things moved back to nicer territory.

we ended going over to their place New Years Eve. Their daughter was out for the night. So we ended up sleeping over and split from our primaries but in seperate bedrooms. I kissed my wife first this year and that made her happy, but I also kissed my GF frist and that didnt bother my bf.

Last night all of kids were home (Their and ours who are all older > 18). the 4 of us ended up sleeping in our king bed. That in itself was only so so...its just wasnt quite enough room, but we were all in bed trying to fall asleep, and we ended up having the giggles. So here are 4 adult people laying in bed and everyone has the giggles. Must have been the sex lol.

But in a way we kinda came out, our kids know that we only have the one bed. And when they got up to go to work I am sure they realized something was up because or gf/bf winter clothes and boots would have been obvious to them.

This afternoon my wife and gf are gone post xmas shopping together. So its a really great start of the New Year.

And tonight we are all 4 together again.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:27 AM

Default 3 years tomorrow!

Tomorrow will be my third year sharing the gift of Redpepper's love and family. It's been an incredible journey so far with many new friends and several big triumphs. We've been living together as a family for over a year and have won over many extended family members with the genuine love we share. The biggest testimony to our success is in the happiness Redpepper's son displays in having us all around no matter where we are
He is ultimately the proof that shared love beyond monogamy can be healthy, stable, and create a supportive environment for adults and children.
Thanks to Redpepper to working so hard and loving so hard. Thanks to PN for being my friend and family. Thanks to thier son for letting me be his buddy and relive the joy of youth. And last but certainly not least, thanks to Derby for being the best metamour a person could hope for

I love you Redpepper

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-07-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Tomorrow will be my third year sharing the gift of Redpepper's love and family. It's been an incredible journey so far with many new friends and several big triumphs. We've been living together as a family for over a year and have won over many extended family members with the genuine love we share. The biggest testimony to our success is in the happiness Redpepper's son displays in having us all around no matter where we are
He is ultimately the proof that shared love beyond monogamy can be healthy, stable, and create a supportive environment for adults and children.
Thanks to Redpepper to working so hard and loving so hard. Thanks to PN for being my friend and family. Thanks to thier son for letting me be his buddy and relive the joy of youth. And last but certainly not least, thanks to Derby for being the best metamour a person could hope for

I love you Redpepper
I hope you're going somewhere nice to celebrate tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I hope you're going somewhere nice to celebrate tomorrow!
Dinner and a movie date I believe

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I love you Redpepper
love you too.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:53 AM

Wow! It's so amazing to see such a successful and real relationship unfold. It gives me hope for my future that I had lost concerning Poly. After two very difficult attempts at Poly failing, I wasn't sure it could ever really work. I needed to see this, thank you so much for sharing your journey so far.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM

I really, really love this thread

My boyfriend is more "open" than "poly," and would really rather not know about my loves. This has always been frustrating to me, because I feel like it diminishes the relationships I have with them if I'm not allowed to talk about them, even casually.

I've been seeing this man for several months now, and a week or two ago he was coming to pick me up for a movie date. I asked Fly (BF) if he would be ok meeting Punk (newer guy), and he agreed to at least say hello.

Well, my girliness broke the house (hairdryer blew a circuit upstairs), so Fly ended up having to entertain Punk for a good 15 minutes or so while I finished getting ready. When I came downstairs, they were chatting comfortably about Fly's passion (we have trophies from his sport all over the house) and seemed to be very cool.

Later, I asked Fly how it felt, and he said it was much less crunchy and awkward than he expected. They're not going to be besties any time soon, but it's such a relief to have my relationship with Punk accepted and acknowledged.

Tiny little baby steps, sure, but in a great direction!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I have an amazing husband who is completely supportive (emotionally and financially!) of my need to stay in regular contact with TGIB and see him more than once every year or two.

And I have an amazing partner who makes a consistent effort to stay in touch with me and include me in his life even when distance and circumstances make that really difficult.

I am so very, very lucky.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee