Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM

I am so happy that I have talked to my boyfriend onestly about my polyamory and this talking was succesible - he understands me
Old 08-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Now I just have to not be nervous about the coworkers who will show up that DON'T know!

I'm lucky that most of the people invited I have, at worst, no interest in. There are no ill feelings about anyone.

I'm hoping that most people just won't care!
As an update, no one really noticed. About half knew, and of the other half, no one asked me anything directly. All in all, another anticlimactic poly experience.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 AM

Loving the anti climactic poly experiences my self. I just kinda am lately... I kind of exude a lack of care in anything but my own reality in life right now. Maybe that is why.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Loving the anti climactic poly experiences my self. I just kinda am lately... I kind of exude a lack of care in anything but my own reality in life right now. Maybe that is why.
I aspire to that, but do still get quite nervous about others' reactions.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 PM

I am looking forwards to celebrating hubby and my wedding anniversary this coming weekend. Definitely, learning about and discussing poly has deepened our relationship and enhanced our communication even beyond where it already was (which was good).

I look forwards also to seeing what adventures (romantic and in other fields) that life will bring to us!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 AM

WOW! What a great weekend away with pretty much our entire tribe for lack of a better description. PN,RP,LB and I headed down to the poly camp just outside of Olympia. The venue was perfect with a warm lake, lots of privacy and plenty of space for all. Derby and her family were there as well as Gemini girl and some other locals who made the trip. There were 180 people there but it was the most relaxing camping trip of the year. I didn't attend any workshops or do a whole lot of poly talking but instead just swam and hung out with a few new friends. The atmosphere was completely inviting and the food was excellent

We left and made a trip to the space needle with LB for a late birthday present. When we got home I discovered a flood in my suite so now the floor is being replaced and I will be hanging out upstairs for a while. RP and PN really helped me a lot and it is good to have so much loving family to draw upon in times of need

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-02-2011, 03:17 PM

What Mono forgot to mention was that we were in Washington State in the North west of the USA.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Default My husband met my boyfriend

and they get along great! I just had to share because I am relatively new to polyamory. My husband and I have dated women in the past, but I didn't know how he would handle my being with another man. Well, I've been seeing J for a few weeks now (not a long time, I know), and when he came to pick me up, he and my husband chatted FOREVER. I actually had to pull J away from DH so we could leave! I'm so happy that they are so comfortable around each other; I imagined it being much more awkward.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Cool!

The one I call "FarawaySweetie" (see River's Blog) isn't officially my "girlfriend" 'cause we've yet to meet face to face, but we're really really good, close friends who share a romantic attraction toward one another, and just love one another so much. Anyway, she and my longtime partner, Kevin, have been exchanging email and talking on the phone. And they seem to really enjoy one another's company; and there is growing affection between them. So I know just what you mean. It feels good, don't it?

River's Blog: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3090

River's Blog

Last edited by River; 09-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM

It feels almost...unreal. I can't believe it's working out so well, especially since we live in such a conservative area where being poly is unheard of. I'm ecstatic!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee