Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 09:42 AM

Default I get two gardens!

It's a silly little thing that makes me happy, but this year I get two gardens! The first is a "community" garden my husband and I are splitting with a couple friends on our acre lot. The other is going to be a small container garden on my boyfriend's balcony. I don't have much overlap between my poly and gardening friends, but really wanted to share this with someone.

Tbh, the garden with the boyfriend is probably what has me so elated. We've just hit a year, and there are some possible changes happening (some curiosity from his parents who he's been seeing, and he has an upcoming date with another woman next week). It is reassuring to me, as gardening really isn't his hobby, but that he's going along with it because it's something I like. If you know what I mean.

The garden with my husband has been way more labor intensive, but in a way, also less personal. We bought a foreclosed house last year, and the improvements (like the garden) are all done with the end goal to sell in about three years. So even though the updates are done with us in mind, it just doesn't feel quite so... Monumental? As it is all part of one larger whole, if that makes any sense.

Lol, that turned into a rant. But thanks for reading!
Old 05-20-2016, 05:24 PM

I absolutely know what you mean! I live in an apartment and have a small container garden (okay... pretty extensive container garden) on my balcony, but this year one of my boyfriends asked me to help with his huge landscaped garden. It's so much fun! My family used to have a half-acre garden and I've really missed doing that kind of work. It's very different from container gardening, which mostly consists of stressing over how hot it's getting and watering what feels like a thousand times a day.

Anyways, if you wanna talk gardening at some point... I'd be happy to!