Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 PM

Default three way relationship gone wrong

she and him were originally together for 3 years already.
he cheated on her constantly until i met him and we fell in love.
he wanted to have a faithful relationship with me, but he also did not want to leave her, so he and i planned a threesome with her.
its been a few months, and she hasnt been able to get over the cheating and jealousy, so she decided to end things.
he decided to "take a break" from me, because he thought that she and i had a fake relationship, which isnt true, i tried my best to keep them both happy, but there were so many emotional slips here and there.
they have broken up many times in the past, and although they dont have much in common, she took care of him, and he provided her with excitement. the relationship between him and i was more balanced and passionate, and she couldnt take it, hence she ended things.

i'm currently trying to keep the relationship i have with him, but i recently found out that she is also trying to get him back, despite sending him dozens of letters about why they arent good together. she seems to be on and off about it. he is having his heart torn apart by two girls

as much as i dont want to be without him, i want him to be able to stabilize his life and be happy, even if it means being without him.

i need advice!
im crazy for him..
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 PM

Well it sounds like a bummer for all around. I can't say that you should be with him or without him but it you have to ask yourself, besides the NRE excitement that you may have experienced, what else are you getting from this relationship? You sound like you are thinking practically at least in looking out for each other's wellbeing. Time may be the only thing that will provide any help in this situation and that's the hardest thing of all to deal with, I know. Learn from this experience and think about what you want in the next relationship.

Good luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM

It sounds like a big, unnecessary drama you need to walk away from. He needs to step up instead of letting himself be yanked around. You need to be strong. There will be other loves, I would move on if I were you.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Default Yep and yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
It sounds like a big, unnecessary drama you need to walk away from. He needs to step up instead of letting himself be yanked around. You need to be strong. There will be other loves, I would move on if I were you.
I completely agree. This situation isn't about love or relationships, it's about the drama. Distance and a lot of self care does some amazing things.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 AM

It sounds like he was cheating with you when you met as she didn't know he met her and it wasn't with her blessing that he go out to find girlfriends. Cheating takes years to get over and I personally believe that people never really do. I would not be able to trust that he didn't ambushed her into having a threesome and she did it, even though she didn't want to, so as to not lose him.

I think I would say good bye with a polite note that he should work on his relationship with her, allow her to regain trust, not push her into being something and someone she isn't and if he loves her to slow down and not rush any new relationships until SHE it ready. Then I would walk away, not cheat with anyone ever again having learned the damage it does to people and because you want to live a life of integrity that brings you and those in your life more love, feelings of worth and belonging.

Tags
young love triangle